Guest Services at Kauai Lihue LIH Airport
The Visitor Information Program (VIP) at Lihue Airport can be contacted at (808) 246-1448 /9.
The Information booths - located at both the entrance to the main terminal and at the baggage claim area - are open daily 6:30am-9pm, and are staffed by VIP personnel, offering passengers assistance and visitor information.
Other important telephone numbers
State of Hawaii, Dept of Agriculture (808) 274-3069
U. S. Agriculture Plant Inspection (808) 245-2831
U. S. Customs and Border Protection (808) 822-5673
U. S. Postal Service 1-800-275-8777
U. S. D. A. Wildlife Services (808) 246-1432
Lost & Found
2. If you lost an item at the security checkpoint, call the TSA at 808-241-4501.
3. If you lost an item inside the terminal, contact Lost & Found at the Security Office, or call 808-246-1410.
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
· Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly.