Lombok Island regions:
1. West Lombok, which includes Bangsal, Lembar, Mataram, Tanjung, & Senggigi, is to the west, has well-known beaches and has a fine tourism infrastructure, as well as access to famous Gili islands and 2ferry points to Bali.
2. North Lombok with mount Rinjami and the city of Senaru offers the Mount Rinjani National Park with waterfalls, incredible scenery, and is home to Waktu Telu traditions.
3. Central and East Lombok (Labuhan Lombok with a ferry to Sumbawa, Praya, Selong, Tetebahu) is an area with quiet rural villages and beaches.
4. South Lombok (Kuta, Sekotong, Tanjung Aan) is a surfer’s dream come true, with remote beaches. 5. Gili Islands include Gili Air, Gili Meno & Gili Trawangan – these tiny islands off the city of Bangsal on the west coast are ideal for divers and are popular with backpackers.
5. Senggigi is Lombok’s main tourist strip offering many hotels, resorts and villas. It includes the coastline from Senggigi beach to Mangsit beach and Batu Layar.
The city of Tanjung in the northwest has at the Medana & Sire peninsulas its best resort & luxury villas of the island.
At Lembar, southwest of the island, you can take the ferry to Bali island.
Senaru village is gateway to Mount Rinjani, andTetebatu village at the southern edge of the mountain has great scenery
Sekotong in West Lombog is starting to be a tourist destination.
Tanjung Aan is a beautiful isolated bay which is to be developed for high-end resorts