Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
The passenger terminal complex at San Jose Silicon Valley Airport consists of Terminal A with attached International Arrivals, and Terminal B.
Food, Shops & Amenities
The #SJCRobots named Norma, Amelia & Piper are high-tech customer service agents for arriving & departing passengers, stationed on geofence matts, at three gates - ready to assist passengers. They are equipped with high-touch & high-tech innovation, able to offer shopping & dining information via 32-inch tablet screens, with terminal map and directory in 6 languages (they also can dance, play music, and take photos, sent to passengers e-mail or onscreen).
The playground houses 'AvatarMind', a humanoid, singing, dancing, maze-running Robot who entertains and educates travelers of any age.
Ruckus offers its popular 'Wickedly Fast Wi-Fi' service at Mineta Airport.
The Club at SJC is
(a) free to Priority Pass & Premium class ticket holders, and is
(b) accessible to all passengers at a fee. It is located between Terminals A & B and offers many amenities, including a shower facility. (Note that The Club at SJC was voted among 700 airport lounges as having the 'Best Staff'.)
The USO facility is at the street level of Airport Blvd, between Terminals A & B (tel. 408-288/7603; /fax 7621), not accessible from inside the terminals.
Getting Around the Airport
San Jose airport terminals are served by a free shuttle arriving every 10-15 minutes, 24/7, and making a continuous loop between the terminals and the parking lots (starting with Terminal A). Refer to the San Jose airport map to see the orientations of the terminals.
- APC kiosks (Automated Passport Control) are available to Canadian & U.S. citizens and green-card holders, as well as to passengers of countries with visa-waiver agreements.
- The Mobile Passport Control (MPC) app is available to eligible arriving passengers to expedite arrivals.
- Global Entry enrolled passengers may now use the new SJC airport terminal automated Global Entry kiosks - considerably cutting down on processing time.
- The San Jose airport International Arrivals Building has 5,600 sq. feet of space, a second baggage carousel and an enclosed meeting area in a climate-controlled and welcoming environment, with comfortable seating, restrooms and snack area.
- SJC International arrivals arrive at either gates 15 or 16 of Terminal A - then proceed to level 1's 'International Arrivals' area, where they will go through passport check, pick up bags, go through customs clearance and (if continuing journey) re-check in their bags.
- Global Entry kiosks are available to participants of Global Entry (place passports & fingertips on kiosk scanners for verification, make customs
With gates 15 - 28, SJC Terminal A is served by Air Canada, ANA, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, United, Volaris. Terminal A received recent upgrades and has a fine array of shops and restaurants, and street-level ticketing lobbies. Sip Savvy, Einstein Bagels, Starbucks & Red Mango are among the amenities. Terminal A is served by Air Canada, Air China, ANA, American, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, United & Volaris. View all airlines and their terminals by viewing the SJC airport map. International flights arrive at the International Arrivals Building.
Level 1 at west end houses international arrivals, the baggage claim area with 3 baggage carousels, an information both near the entrance, ATM, currency exchange, parking pay station, FedEx, hotel information points, & Starbucks, international arrivals from gates 15 & 16 with US Customs and ticket counters:
- Ticket counters 1-4 are for American/ American Eagle, ANA* & United - passengers proceed to the gate area at left.
- Ticket counters 5-8 are for Delta, Hawaiian, Jet Blue & Volaris* airlines - passengers proceed to the gate area at right.
- International Arrivals are at gates 15 & 16
Level 2 houses the security checkpoint and access to the boarding area with food & drink and retail outlets and access to airline gates 1 - 14, from the center of the secured area, gates 12-16 are to the left and gates 11-1 are to the right. Duty-free is available between gates 14 & 15.
The Blue Dot Meeter & Greeter area is in the security checkpoint lobby of level two.
Terminal B contains gates 1 -14 and is served by Alaska, British Airways, Hainan & Southwest airlines. International flights arrive at the International Arrivals Building. Terminal B displays a futuristic design, offers plenty of daylight, art, shared-use ticket counters & gates, and chairs with power cords & USB ports on their arm rests for charging laptops & handhelds.
Level 1 houses the baggage claim and ticket counters 1 - 3 for Southwest, Hainan & Alaska. The USO facility is to the right.
Level 2 houses the security checkpoint leading to the gate areas.
The North Concourse houses gates 17 to 28. The glass-enclosed gates 17 & 18 enable arriving international passengers to proceed directly to the International Arrivals Building. Opposite of gates 17& 18 is the 'Power Suite' - a 2,500 sq.ft. room seating 150 passengers, with Wi-Fi & workstations with built-in power outlets. The North Concourse also offers plenty of food & drink and retail concessions.
For passengers renting a car at SJC, the car rental center is across the roadway from Terminal B.
- declaration, and receive expedited clearance through the customs process).
- The Airport's Mobile Passport Control (MPC) App expedites international passenger arrivals through the San Jose airport terminals.