For online tickes for the MVV, S-Bahn & MVG open http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/tickets-fares/buy-tickets-online/index.html
To get to the City, you can board either the S8 or S1 subway lines, departing every 10 minutes at the Munich Aiport Station (located beneath the central area of the terminal complex). Both make stops at the Central (Hauptbahnhof) and East (Ost-Bahnhof) City Train Stations. However, while the S1AB's last stop is the Ost-Bahnhof (taking 45 minutes to Hauptbahnhof or 53 minues to Ostbahnhof) - the S8 AB heading to Herrsching, stops at the Ost-Bahnhof (taking 33 minutes, and to the Hauptbahnhof 41 minutes)
It takes 45 minute to the Main Train Terminal, and 53 minutes to the East Train Terminal.
- From the East train station you can connect to trains to Rosenheim, Salzburg, Innsbruck in Austria, & to Italy;
- From the Central train station you can connect:
(a) north to: Dachau, Wurzburg, Nurnberg, or Neufahm, Passau, Regensburg & Landshut.;
(b) northwest to Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Ulm, Augsburg;
(c) southwest to Kempten, Lindau, Switzerland, south to Garmisch, Innsbruck /Austria, & to Italy.
- The Lufthansa Bus starts at Terminal 1, Area D, at Airport MAC, at T1, Area A & at T2, heading to Schwabing North and final station Hauptbahnhof (main Munich train station). The bus runs every 20 minutes and takes a total of 40 minutes.
- A large number of ADAC Postbus routes connect the Airport with nearby cities and towns. The bus station is in front of the Munich Airport Center, a few steps from Terminals 1 & 2.
- Other bus stops are at the Holiday parking lot P441, at the Visitors Park and at Terminals 1 & 2 (at T1 near Modules A/B & D/E)
- The MVV bus lines connect the Airport to nearby Freising, to Erding & Markt Schwaben. Its line 507 and 512 go to Schwaig.