RHO Airport is located on the northwestern tip of Rhodes Island - near the Village of Paradisi - and is 16 km southwest of the City of Rhodes. It can be accessed via a dual carriageway coastal road encircling the island, and is only a 20-minute drive from the city of Rhodes.
- The new Concessionaire Fraport Greece, which is now managing 14 Greek Airports, is starting to make much-needed upgrades to each of those airports, including Rhodes. While absolute intervention works were necessary during the summer season - as of Fall 2017 Fraport started to implement all its contractual obligations, bringing the 14 airports up to current international standards within a 4-year span - however, it estimates that it can do it within a shorter period of time).
With a long runway and 4.2 million passengers in 2016, Rhodes Airport is served by a myriad of domestic, international, regular and low-fare airlines offering flights to Europe and beyond, as well as by many seasonal charters.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: EU Regulation 458/2017 is now imandatory, whereby cross-check controls are carried out against databases for all European citizerns who travel to/from Non-Schengen destinations. To accelerate the control process, show your passport instead of your police ID.
- Skyserv at Departures, ground level, pre-security
- Filoxenia Lounge by Swissport at departres, intra-Schengen, on level 2.
Important telephone numbers:
- Customs: + 30 22410-88716, 82901, /fax 82340
- Medical Emergencies : 22410-88766
- Passport Control: + 30 22410-82880 /88751, 88752, 88753
- Pharmacy at gate 3: +30 22410-81700 / email: [email protected]
- Police station: Commander. + 30 22410-82881 /88750; Duty Officer. + 30 22410-88850 /82249
- Parking: + 30 22410-82323 /fax 6623, e-mail: [email protected]
Present and future Airport developments: - In July 2017, during its stakeholder event, Fraport Greece presented its future plans for Rhodes Airport: Starting Fall 2017, the following Airport upgrade projects will be undertaken: Fire station construction, terminal upgrades, landside parking area reorganization, and adding more check-in counters, security lanes, and departure gates - as well as increasing baggage reclaim belts and aircraft stands.