To get from Santos Dumont Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus, or the new VLT Light Rail:
- The Vicente de Carvalho subway station also connects to Rio's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) network - directly connecting with RIOgaleao.
To access Vicente de Carvalho Station - use Metro Line 2 (if starting from Metro Line 1, simply transfer at one of the indicated stations).
- The Real Auto Onibus is the operator of 'Bus 2018' runs every 30 mins - 5:30am-10:30pm - with two lines in opposite directions:
- to the Central Bus Station and the Galeao International Airport;
- to the City's south parts along the shore, ending at Alvorada Bus Terminal in Barra da Tijuca.
- To get from Santos Dumont to Galeao Airport - take the Express Bus 2145, which runs via Central Bus Station & downtown every 20 mins, 5:30am-10:30pm. Bus ticket counters are in the arrivals terminal.
Metro contact: https://www.metrorio.com.br