Due to its wide offer of scheduled and charter destinations, fast check-in and check-out procedures, and close parking facilities, Rotterdam Airport stands out in terms of services offered, including five-star VIP Service in a luxury setting with tailor-made service for private business transportation and Government flights.
The Airport is located 5.6 km or northwest of the City of Rotterdam, and is accessible via the A13 (exit N209 Doenkade Road). It can be reached within 20 minutes from Rotterdam, or 30 minutes from The Hague by public transport.
With one runway and 1.7 million passengers in 2016, Rotterdam The Hague Airport is served by and a number of airlines offering flights to European destinations, and (mostly) seasonal flights to popular vacation destinations.
- Transavia or Turkish airline passengers who have hand baggage only may use the self-check-in kiosk in the main hall.
- Transavia, Tui, Jet Air Fly, bmi regional, CityJet, VLM Airlines & Vueling passengers who already checked in online may use self-check-in facility 'Scan&Fly' in the transit hall.
Rotterdam The Hague Airport has one passenger terminal.
If already checked in online, but need to check-in your bags - use the Scan&Fly in the transit hall.
Information & Service desk (transit hall) (tel: +31 (0)10 - 446 34 44).
Passengers with only carry-on bags may use the self-check-in kiosks in the Main Hall.
- Baggage lockers are located in the transit hall near the lift to the Grand Cafe/Restaurant Horizon.
- Cash machines are available at the transit hall, the central hall of the terminal building, pre-security.
- Conference/Meeting Rooms can be rented independently for a specific period of time. Catering and parking available. For airport conference rooms call +31 (0)10 446 3444 or fax +31 (0)10 446 3499.
- Food, Drink & Shops: are available at either De Basseri (departure hall, post-security), or the café/ restaurant Horizon (first floor, pre-security). The Rotterdam Airport Shop (departure hall) offers an extensive selection of products (tel: +31(0)10 41 50 793), and the sophisticated Expresso Bar with outdoor terrace. Ako shop offers books, newspapers, travel maps, multimedia & accesories.
- GWK Travelex offers not only currency exchange, but also many other services. You can pre-order and pick up your money on the day of your departure by calling +31 (0)10 4150623, or faxing +31 (0)10 2623306.
- Mother /Baby room in the departure hall has a microwave oven for warming bottles and/or baby food.
- Parking is within walking distance to the terminal. Parking spaces cannot be reserved, but there is no shortage of them at the Airport: P1 & P3 is for long-term parking, and P2 for short-term parking.
- Rental car counters are available in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
- T-Mobile Hotspot internet access is available throughout the terminal - at pre-security there is a charge (credit card), while post-security is free. Absent your own computer, you will find some PCs in the transit hall.
Current and future Airport developments: In July 2017, the first phase of construction was in full swing - involving the terminal's forecourt and its arrival & departure areas; reconfiguration of public realm and optimizing traffic flows. It also included reconfigured public transport interchange, increased arrival space /pedestrian room. Under next Phase 2 , the short-term carpark facilities will be reconstructed and shade trees and other ameniites added.