How to get from terminal to terminal
I am flying SW Airlines and my family is coming in on [more]RAF 10/08/2019
T2 distance for flight connections
How far are American Airline gates to Hawaiian depart [more]CH 10/03/2019
Is Clear available in Terminal #1AM 09/29/2019
Arriving in SD through Alaska Airlines at 9 am in Ter [more]Lj 09/04/2019
San Diego Airport Overview
San Diego International Airport SAN - also known as 'Lindbergh Field' - serves the City of San Diego in southern California and surrounding areas. It is the Nation’s busiest single runway airport, however, its reduced runway capacity also limits the number of international flights the Airport can accommodate. Conde Nast Traveler magazine has ranked San Diego Airport as the fifth in the Nation's top airports, and number 1 in the State.
SAN Airport is only a few miles to the center of San Diego, California, and is only 20 miles from the Mexican border. It is conveniently situated on North Harbor Drive, off Interstate Hwy I-5, offering connections to S.R. 163, I-8 and I-15. The area is known for its mild climate, plentiful beaches and world-class attractions like the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
Airport Facts & Stats
With 20 million passengers annually, San Diego Airport is served by major airlines and regional jet services, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Southwest is its dominant carrier.
San Diego Airport has two Terminals - T1 & T2 - connected by walkway. For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
- Arrive at the Airport prior to your scheduled flight - two hours for domestic, three hours for international departures - during busy morning and late afternoon hours - particularly during summer time!
- The Cross-Border Terminal enables passengers to cross directly from Tijuana Airport in Mexico, via new U.S. Customs & Border Protection station in Otay Mesa (south of San Diego, on U.S. ground) by taking the 160-foot pedestrian 'Tijuana Cross Border Bridge'.
- The Rental Car Center (RCC) houses most of the rental car agencies serving the Airport. Shuttle service is available to/from the Terminals by alternative-fuel shuttle buses. While RCC currently houses 14 rental agencies, ample space allows for up to 19 agencies, and for 5,000 cars.
- Airport-wide gate delivery service: By using the app, time-pressed passengers are able to pre-order food & drink and retail items for pick-up. 'AtYurGate' takes it one step further by delivering to passenger's gate.
Airport Recent News
- Beginning December, 2018 the Pacific Highway Economy Lot will be closed to the public. This lot will be converted to employee parking over the next few months.
- Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Long Term parking are available for passengers
3225 N Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 400 2404