Is there a charge for handicapped parking at the airport?Cdsgc 02/14/2018
1 hour enough from Term 1E to Term 2W
SW flt arrives 9 a.m. terminal 1 east, HI air flt dep [more]CB 02/07/2018
How far apart are the terminals to walk from Terminal [more]PCC 02/03/2018
If I arrive on a SW flight at 3:45, will I have enoug [more]Sondra 01/29/2018
SAN Airport is only a few miles to the center of San Diego, California, and is only 20 miles from the Mexican border. It is conveniently situated on North Harbor Drive, off Interstate Hwy I-5, offering connections to S.R. 163, I-8 and I-15. The area is known for its mild climate, plentiful beaches and world-class attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Sea World.
With 20 million passengers in 2016, San Diego Airport is served by major airlines and regional jet services, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Southwest is its dominant carrier.
- Lufthansa will offer year-round five weekly nonstop flights to Frankfurt, Germany, starting March 2018, using Airbus 340-300 with Business, Premium Economy and Economy-class cabins. Flights departs SAN 3:20pm; arriving at at 11:49am (Frankfurt time). From Frankfurt Airport, there are 85 worldwide connections.
San Diego Airport has two Terminals - T1 & T2 - connected by walkway. For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Current Airlines, their Terminal, telephone numbers, & operating hours:
Air Canada at T2, tel. 888-247-2262 - 3 hours prior to departure;
Alaska at T1, tel. 800-252-7522, - 4-12am;
Allegiant at T2, tel. 702-505-8888 - 2 hrs prior to departure;
American at T2, tel. 800-433-7300 - 4am-12am;
British Airways at T2, tel. 800-247-9297 - Sun-Thu 2:30-6:15pm; Fri-Sat 3:15-6:45pm;
Condor at T2, tel. 866-960-7915 - 3 hrs prior to departure;
Delta at T2, tel. 800-247-9297 - 4am-12am;
Edelweiss, tel. 877-359-7947 - 5:05pm-5:40pm.
Frontier at T1, tel. 800-432-1349, - 4:10am-7:10am; 9:15am -12:15pm; 7:30pm-1:30am;
Hawaiian at T2, tel. 800-367-5320 - 2 hrs prior to departure;
JAL Japan at T2, tel. 800-538-2583 - Sun-Fri; 8:40am-11pm;
JetBlue, at T2 tel. 800-538-2583 - Sun-Fri 8:45am-2pm; and 7:15pm-10:30 daily.
Southwest at T1, tel. 800-435-9792 - 4:15am-12am;
Spirit at T2, tel. 801-401-2222, - :15am-1:25pm; 4:15-8:25pm;
SunCountry at T2 , tel. 800-359-6786, - 0:30am-1pm Sun & Thur; closed Sat.
United at T2, tel. 800-864-8331 - 4am-12am;
Virgin America at T2, tel. 877-359-8474 - 4am-12am;
-WestJet at T2, tel. 888-937-8538 - 8:30am-12:30pm (closed Tues, Thur).
- Arrive at the Airport prior to your scheduled flight - two hours for domestic, three hours for international departures - during busy morning and late afternoon hours - particularly during summer time!
- Global Entry technology and APC's (Automatic passport Control kiosks) are now available
- The Cross-Border Terminal enables passengers to cross directly from Tijuana Airport in Mexico, via new U.S. Customs & Border Protection station in Otay Mesa (south of San Diego, on U.S. ground) - by taking the 160-foot pedestrian 'Tijuana Cross Border Bridge' - thereby allowing ticketed passengers to cross the bridge in either directions at a fee.
- The new Customs station at Otay Mesa lowers waiting times and boosts cross-border tourism.
- The new Rental Car Center (RCC) houses most of the rental car agencies serving the Airport. Shuttle service is available to /from the Terminals by new alternative-fuel shuttle buses. While RCC currently houses 14 rental agencies, ample space allows for up to 19, and for 5,000 cars.
- WiFi Service was upgraded in Jan. 2017, inceasing bandwidth speeds up to 30 times faster than before.
San Diego International Airport now has two passenger terminals – T1, T2 (T1 of which will eventually be replaced by a new T1.
- Airport-wide gate delivery service: By using the app, time-pressed pasengersae able to pre-ordr food & drink and retail items for pick-up. 'AtYurGate' takes it one step further by delivering to passenger's gate.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
- Ongoing Construction (started Sept. 2016) on the new 3-level Parking Plaza with about 3,000 parking spaces and 7 elevators - located in front of T2. During this time, passengers may use the 1,300 spaces in T2 and 1,200 spaces in T1. The new Parking Plaza will include the latest technology (a cell phone application to reserve parking space, pay in advance and find car upon return). Completion is scheduled for summer 2018.
- Terminal 2 West: Groundbreaking took pace at T2's west end in May 2017 for the new Federal Inspection Station (FIS) - to house Customs & Border Protection and other international passenger arrival services) - scheduled to open in June 2018.