Southwest Florida International Airport is a major county-owned airport in the South Fort Myers region of unincorporated Lee County, Florida, United States.
RSW airport covers an area of 13,555 acres (5,486 ha) land. It is owned and operated by the Lee County Port Authority.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Currently, Southwest Florida Airport is the second-busiest single-runway airport in the United States.
- RSW is the third-largest airport in the United States in terms of land size.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 10 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers who’ve to board a flight are advised to be inside RSW Terminal at least 2 hours before their flight during peak times and 90 minutes otherwise, to account for TSA security wait times, and any possible delays.
- Travelers should make sure to carry the correct identification documents to avoid any hassles while traveling. For domestic travel - government-issued photo ID, and for international travel - a valid passport is mandatory.
- You’ll have to remove belts and all other personal items from your pockets such as keys, wallets, etc. before entering the checkpoint queue.
- Before visiting the airport, please refer to the RSW Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- If you have to wait while picking up a traveler at RSW airport, use the convenient cell phone lot. Also, visitors can park in the short-term parking lot located directly across from the terminal building in the garage, and is free for the first 20 minutes.
- Passengers can be dropped outside the terminal from where they’ve to board a flight.
- Visitors should remember that there is no parking or waiting allowed curbside at RSW Airport.
- Arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Southwest Florida Airport.
- Departing flights: The lists for scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays can be found under the departing flight status.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at RSW here.
Southwest Florida Airport has one main terminal with three concourses - Concourse B, Concourse C, and Concourse D. The concourses are each completely separate and are not connected airside.
Concourses A and E designations have been reserved for the planned future expansion of the terminal.
To see the terminal location, and for more information, please refer to the RSW terminal map.
Southwest Florida International Airport serves several airlines including Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at RSW here.
Whether you are flying out for business or leisure time, parking on site at Southwest Florida International Airport is fast, easy and convenient.
Located directly across from the terminal building in the garage, the short-term parking garage is a brief walk to the terminal.
First 20 Minutes - Free
Next 20 minute increment - $2
First Hour - $3
Daily Maximum - $18
It is located behind the garage and offers door-to-door complimentary shuttle service for
passengers and luggage to and from your car to the terminal curb. The long-term parking lot provides economy parking at RSW.
Per Hour - $2
Daily Maximum - $11
First Week Rate - $60
Daily Rate After First Week - $4
Passengers have a variety of options for ground transport after arriving at Southwest Florida International Airport.
RSW’s rental car service center is located on the ground level of the parking garage. Arriving passengers should proceed downstairs, exit baggage claim and walk across the street to the rental car facility.
Taxis and Limos
Passengers with pre-arranged taxi or limousine transportation can meet their driver either at the assigned baggage belt or next to the Flight Information Display Screens at the bottom of the escalators.
Public transportation is also available at RSW. LeeTran bus No. 50 serves the airport. The recent infrastructure and road projects linked the airport's main terminal road to the southbound and northbound lanes of Interstate 75.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Southwest Florida International Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: Terminal Access Road, Fort Myers, FL 33913, USA
Phone: (239) 590 4800
Southwest Florida Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Before the airport was opened, the region was served by Page Field in Fort Myers.
- In 1980, construction of the airport began, and it opened on May 14, 1983.
- At the time of its opening, the airport was named Southwest Florida Regional Airport.
- In 1988 the airport exceeded its annual capacity of 3 million passengers.
- In 1993, the airport was renamed Southwest Florida International Airport.
- In February, 2002, construction of a new Midfield Terminal Complex began.
- In July, 2013, A new $16 million Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting facility (Lee County Station 92) was opened.
- In early 2015, Terminal Access Road, the airport's main entrance road, was extended past Treeline Avenue to connect directly to Interstate 75, allowing airport-related traffic to avoid local streets.