Southwest Florida International Airport is a major county-owned airport in the South Fort Myers region of unincorporated Lee County, Florida, United States.
RSW airport covers an area of 13,555 acres (5,486 ha) land. It is owned and operated by the Lee County Port Authority.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Currently, Southwest Florida Airport is the second-busiest single-runway airport in the United States.
- RSW is the third-largest airport in the United States in terms of land size.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 10 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers who’ve to board a flight are advised to be inside RSW Terminal at least 2 hours before their flight during peak times and 90 minutes otherwise, to account for TSA security wait times, and any possible delays.
- Travelers should make sure to carry the correct identification documents to avoid any hassles while traveling. For domestic travel - government-issued photo ID, and for international travel - a valid passport is mandatory.
- You’ll have to remove belts and all other personal items from your pockets such as keys, wallets, etc. before entering the checkpoint queue.
- Before visiting the airport, please refer to the RSW Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- If you have to wait while picking up a traveler at RSW airport, use the convenient cell phone lot. Also, visitors can park in the short-term parking lot located directly across from the terminal building in the garage, and is free for the first 20 minutes.
- Passengers can be dropped outside the terminal from where they’ve to board a flight.
- Visitors should remember that there is no parking or waiting allowed curbside at RSW Airport.
- Arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Southwest Florida Airport.
- Departing flights: The lists for scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays can be found under the departing flight status.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at RSW here.
Southwest Florida Airport has one main terminal with three concourses - Concourse B, Concourse C, and Concourse D. The concourses are each completely separate and are not connected airside.
Concourses A and E designations have been reserved for the planned future expansion of the terminal.
To see the terminal location, and for more information, please refer to the RSW terminal map.
Southwest Florida International Airport serves several airlines including Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at RSW here.
Whether you are flying out for business or leisure time, parking on site at Southwest Florida International Airport is fast, easy and convenient.
Located directly across from the terminal building in the garage, the short-term parking garage is a brief walk to the terminal.
First 20 Minutes - Free
Next 20 minute increment - $2
First Hour - $3
Daily Maximum - $18
It is located behind the garage and offers door-to-door complimentary shuttle service for
passengers and luggage to and from your car to the terminal curb. The long-term parking lot provides economy parking at RSW.
Per Hour - $2
Daily Maximum - $11
First Week Rate - $60
Daily Rate After First Week - $4
Passengers have a variety of options for ground transport after arriving at Southwest Florida International Airport.
RSW’s rental car service center is located on the ground level of the parking garage. Arriving passengers should proceed downstairs, exit baggage claim and walk across the street to the rental car facility.
Taxis and Limos
Passengers with pre-arranged taxi or limousine transportation can meet their driver either at the assigned baggage belt or next to the Flight Information Display Screens at the bottom of the escalators.
Public transportation is also available at RSW. LeeTran bus No. 50 serves the airport. The recent infrastructure and road projects linked the airport's main terminal road to the southbound and northbound lanes of Interstate 75.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Southwest Florida International Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: Terminal Access Road, Fort Myers, FL 33913, USA
Phone: (239) 590 4800
Southwest Florida Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Before the airport was opened, the region was served by Page Field in Fort Myers.
- In 1980, construction of the airport began, and it opened on May 14, 1983.
- At the time of its opening, the airport was named Southwest Florida Regional Airport.
- In 1988 the airport exceeded its annual capacity of 3 million passengers.
- In 1993, the airport was renamed Southwest Florida International Airport.
- In February, 2002, construction of a new Midfield Terminal Complex began.
- In July, 2013, A new $16 million Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting facility (Lee County Station 92) was opened.
- In early 2015, Terminal Access Road, the airport's main entrance road, was extended past Treeline Avenue to connect directly to Interstate 75, allowing airport-related traffic to avoid local streets.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Southwest Florida Airport (RSW) Terminals
I need to report lost item in RSW security today 10/27/22 at about 5pm. A samsung tablet
Asked by Maura Parker - Fri, 28 October
If an item is lost at a security screening checkpoint you will need to contact TSA directly.
What is phone number of Delta baggage office?
Asked by Kristen - Wed, 19 October
You can contact Delta at 800-221-1212.
Is Rsw allowing arriving flights on October 4 2022?
Asked by Laura - Mon, 3 October
It shows they are reopening tomorrow, 10/5/22.
Is the long term parking a covered lot?
Asked by Gayle - Sat, 24 September
No, the long-term parking isn't covered.
What concourse does United use?
Asked by Nelson - Tue, 23 August
United Airlines uses Concourse C.
Do I need to make a reservation for a parking space?
Asked by sandra - Fri, 5 August
No, you can get and pay for a parking space when you arrive.
What is the cost of on -site long-term parking?
Asked by Warren Goldberg - Wed, 20 July
Long-term parking is $2/hour with a daily maximum of $11. The first week the full rate will be $60 and the daily rate after the first week is $4/day.
What do I do if I have lost my parking ticket?
Asked by David Marshall - Tue, 19 July
Please contact the parking services department at 239-768-6296 for directions on what to do if you have lost your parking ticket.
Do they discount for handicap parking?
Asked by tony - Thu, 7 July
There are currently no discounts for handicap parking.
Are wheelchair service available at the entrance of the airport? I'm flying American Airlines?
Asked by Susan M Cento - Tue, 21 June
RSW contracts all of its wheelchair services through skycap. If you want to make sure it's available when you arrive it is suggested to make arrangements with your airlines before arriving. You can also request it through your airline at the ticket counter or curbside counters on the day of your flight as well.
How do you contact RSW lost and found? Is there a telephone # with a real person?
Asked by Wilhelmina Gaenzle - Tue, 12 April
Asked by anthony fazio - Fri, 8 April
Please contact your airline directly for any issues with lost or delayed baggage. We wish you the best of luck!
How early do I need to arrive?
Asked by Craig - Sun, 3 April
The airport recommends arriving 2 hours 3 hours before your scheduled airline departure. Remember to arrive early and, if necessary, allow yourself enough time to park your car at the airport.
What time does the airport open?
Asked by Michael Magee - Wed, 23 March
The airport is open 24 hours a day.
How much time before a Delta flight should I arrive at the airport? I have luggage and haven't completed the TSA pre-check.
Asked by Craig - Fri, 18 March
It is a good idea to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time.
How much is long term parking per day at the airport ?
Asked by Jamie - Sun, 27 February
Does RSW Airport have a smoking area?
Asked by George - Sat, 26 February
No there are no smoking areas available inside the airport as smoking is prohibited inside the terminals.
What Terminal Does American Airlines use?
Asked by Merie - Thu, 24 February
How many hours/minutes do you recommend we arrive for a Frontier flight departing Fort Myers at 3:19 pm on Tuesday, March 15? Thank you.
Asked by Patti Cavlovic - Mon, 21 February
2 hours should be plenty of time. The good news is Tuesday is generally a slow travel day and this is not a big airport.
Is there a Cellphone Lot?
Asked by milly - Fri, 18 February
Yes, there is a cellphone Lot. It is situated at Airport Plaza.
Are arrivals on the upper level?
Asked by Jeff C - Tue, 15 February
Arrivals can be found on the Lower Level.
How far is it from Concourse B to main terminal?
Asked by MARLYN HILL - Mon, 14 February
Concourse B is attached to the main terminal and branches off to the east.
What are the hours for TSA ?
Asked by Jenny - Mon, 14 February
The hours for TSA vary based on day and time of day. You can get the updated and latest information at the TSA Security Wait Times Page.
Is Shulas the only restaurant available to non-ticket holders?
Asked by jerry Dudak - Sat, 12 February
There is a Dunkin Donuts, a Jose Cuervo Tequileria, a Quiznos, a Nathan's, and a Starbucks also located before security.