Thessaloniki is Greece's second-largest city with over one million inhabitants - famous for its Byzantine churches, and its nightlife, and is visited by travelers from all over the world.
SKG Airport is located in the municipality of Thermis and is about 13 km southeast of the city center of Thessaloniki.
- The new Concessionaire Fraport Greece, which is now managing 14 Greek Airports, is starting to make much-needed upgrades to each of those airports, including Thessaloniki.
With 6.0 million passengers in 2016, and two runways, Thessaloniki Aiport is served by a host of domestic, international, regular & low-fare airlines, as well as seasonal charters, offering direct flights to countless cities in Europe and beyond, and connections around the world.
- A children’s area is set aside for creative activities.
- VIP lounge ‘Alexandros’ can be contacted at +30 2310 473868.
- The Airport Medical Center operates 24/7 and can be reached at +30 2310 985223.
- Customs can be reached at +30 2310 985218.
Present and future Airport developments: Fraport is fulfiling its contractual obligations within a 4-year period to make significant upgrades: It will expand the terminal at land- & airside, add inline HBS screening, change the apron area, upgrade airside pavement, add new fire station; expand waste water treatment plant, and inside the terminal:
- increase check-in stations from 30 to 44
- increase security lanes from 4 to 7
- increase departure gates from 16 to 24
- incease security check lanes from 6 to 12.