US/Canada Custom and luggage
Out: Ottawa-Toronto-Los Angeles all with WJ. Do I nee [more]CP 05/16/2019
Is a 2 hour layover enough?
I'll be going from Brazil to Toronto and then I'll ta [more]FW 05/11/2019
Layover and customs
I am traveling (with a pet) from Halifax Canada to To [more]SB 05/08/2019
Clear customs in TO?
Flight from Mtl to TO this Friday. An hour to change [more]Bk1010 04/30/2019
Toronto Pearson International Airport Overview
Serving the Province of Ontario, YYZ is Canada’s primary airport and a major transfer hub to destinations on all continents. It is ideally situated between the east and west part of Canada, and is close to the northern border of the U.S. YYZ Airport is located in Mississauga, 27 kilometers northwest of downtown Toronto, and is accessible from Gardiner Expressway 427.
Airport Facts & Stats
With five long runways and over 45 million passengers annually, Toronto Pearson International Airport is hub to Air Canada & Air Canada Jazz, Air Transat, CanJet, Sunwing, WestJet airlines and the Star Alliance, and is served by numerous scheduled and charter airlines offering nonstop flights to Canadian, U.S., and transatlantic destinations, with connections around the globe.
Peak travel time at the Airport is 3pm-7pm, while transpacific flights from East Asia peak late nights and transatlantic flights from Europe peak late afternoon.
- US bound passengers (US & Canadian passport holders, and those of Visa-waiver countries) may now use one of the multi-language self-service APC kiosks (instead of the old customs declaration form) for expedited entry process by following on-screen instruction; after completion, collect receipt & proceed to a USCBP officer completing the process. Persons living at the same address may use the same kiosk.
- Arriving visa-exempt foreign nationals (except US citizens and travelers with a valid visa) need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For more information visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp
- China granted Canada approved destination status, enabling citizens of China to more easily obtain tourist visas, thereby significantly improving Canada’s tourist business
- Dedicated CATSA security screening lines are now available for transborder flights at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto Pearson, and Montreal airports. Eligible 'Trusted Travelers' - including: members of NEXUS & Global Entry programs; Canadian and US military, and aircrew in uniform with valid ID - may use these lines. Self-serve NEXUS kiosks clear customs and immigration faster.
- The Sheraton Gateway Hotel (tel. 905-672-7000 or 1-800-325-3535) has direct access to all terminals and airline check-in kiosks inside their lobby and is served by the people mover LINK train. It offers complimentary parking and luggage storage.
- ALT Hotel Toronto Pearson with 13 levels and located adjacent to Terminals 1 & 3
Toronto Pearson International has two new terminals – T1 & T3. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
3111 Convair Dr
Mississauga, ON T2E
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (416) 247-7678 or 866-207-1690