Toronto Airport YYZ
Toronto International Airport, also called Lester B. Pearson Airport, is the primary international airport that serves Toronto. This airport is named after the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and the honorable prime minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson.
Toronto airport is situated about 14.0 miles (22.5 km) northwest of downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. With five runways, two passenger terminals, and several other facilities, it covers a total of 4,613 acres (1,827 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- YYZ airport is stated to be the largest and the busiest airport in Canada. In the global view, it is the second-busiest international air passenger gateway.
- In 2019, it was ranked 30 among the world’s busiest airports in the world as per passenger traffic.
- It has a record of handling about 50.0 million passengers in the year 2019.
Airport Traveling Tips
- In a busy season, it is recommended to arrive at least 2 hours before the domestic and 3 hours before an international flight.
- Toronto airport offers multiple facilities for accessibility for the disabled, pets, etc. However, you must notify the airlines 48 hours before checking in, to enjoy the services comfortably.
- Before checking in, it is recommended to check the YYZ airport map to get a clear idea.
- US bound passengers (US & Canadian passport holders, and those of Visa-waiver countries) may now use one of the multi-language self-service APC kiosks (instead of the old customs declaration form) for expedited entry process by following on-screen instruction; after completion, collect receipt & proceed to a USCBP officer completing the process. Persons living at the same address may use the same kiosk.
- Arriving visa-exempt foreign nationals (except US citizens and travelers with a valid visa) need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For more information visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp
- China granted Canada approved destination status, enabling citizens of China to more easily obtain tourist visas, thereby significantly improving Canada’s tourist business
- Dedicated CATSA security screening lines are now available for trans-border flights at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto Pearson, and Montreal airports. Eligible 'Trusted Travelers' - including: members of NEXUS & Global Entry programs; Canadian and US military, and aircrew in uniform with valid ID - may use these lines. Self-serve NEXUS kiosks clear customs and immigration faster.
Passenger Pick-up and Drop-off
For quick pick-ups and drop-offs, briefly stopping outside the Arrivals/Departure areas is allowed.
Express park allows parking up to 3 hour stays for a comfortable pick-up and drop-off. The Pearson Cell Phone Waiting Area also allows up to 45 minutes of arrival wait.
Daily Park Lot can be used for longer visits like accompanying the traveler until check-ins.
The drop-off locations of each terminal have multiple facilities to assist travelers with disabilities using mobility aids.
- Arrivals: View Toronto Pearson flight arrivals, where you can find up-to-date information about the status of the flight, arrival time, terminal and gate number, aircraft type, etc.
- Departures: Toronto Pearson Departures offers you all the information regarding departure time, gate number, terminal information, etc.
- To book a flight now, search and get the best deals!
Pearson Airport mainly has Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 as its two active public terminals. Terminal 2 was demolished in the year 2007 and is now an extension of Terminal 1. Also, an Infield Concourse (IFC) operates as an extension of Terminal 3 for now.
Terminal 1- Gates D1, D3, D5, D7-D12, D20, D22, D24, D26, D28, D31–D45 , D51, D53, D55, D57, F60–F63, F64A–F64B, F65, F66A–F66B, F/E67–F/E81, F59, F82-F83, F84-F99, E73 and E75,
Terminal 3- Gates B1a-B1d, B2a, B2c, B3-B5, A6d-A6f, A7–A16, B17-B20, B22-B29, C30-C36 and B37–B41.
To know more about the terminals and gates, refer to this terminal map of YYZ.
Pearson International Airport serves more than 30 airlines that connect to over 180 destinations around the globe. These airlines include Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, WestJet, CanJet, Air Transat, Etihad, etc.
Find out the complete list of airlines served at the Toronto Airport.
Parking facilities at YYZ airport, offer daily, hourly as well as express parking facilities. You can book and reserve your slot to avoid the end moment hustle.
For long-term parking, there are Value Park Lot, Value Park Garage, and Viscount station. However, these are temporarily shut for departing passengers. As an alternative, you can book your slot at the Terminal Garages with a lower parking rate.
Other than these, there are several off-site parking facilities available near YYZ airport. These are accessible 24x7 and might offer lower rates as well.
You can find the public as well as private transport facilities at your services 24x7 once you reach here.
Buses and Trains
These Public transportation services are readily available as well as economical travel options.
- Bus: At YYZ, public transit buses like GO Transit bus, TTC, Miway, and Brampton Transit buses are easily available. You can find these services from Terminal 1, ground level, second curb, arrivals, and third curb.
- Train: You can also find the new UPX Express and TTC's Downtown Express every 15 minutes. These connect the airport to about nine downtown locations, and their two stations are located close to Terminal 1 and 3.
You can find car rental services conveniently from Toronto Pearson Airport. Services like Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrift, Hertz, etc., can be booked easily and at your convenience.
According to your preferences, you can also book a taxi ride from the common ride services like Lyft, Ola, Uber, etc. You can find these directly outside Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
Airport Shuttles and Vans
You can also opt for airport shuttles offered by the LINK train that connects Terminals to the garages, parking lots, hotels, and nearby lounges. They are accessible from the Viscount Station, Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
Amenities & Services
YYZ offers you a variety of facilities and amenities to make your time at the airport comfortable and joyful. These include:
- Cafes, stores, bars, restaurants, restrooms, and lounges.
- Banking facility, currency exchange stations, and ATMs.
- Free Wifi facility.
- Massage, manicure, and shoeshine stations.
- Art installations, wall paintings, and exhibits,
- Apps that extend accessibility to passengers with disabilities.
- Pet-care stations and therapy dogs.
Address: 3111 Convair Dr, Mississauga, ON T2E, CAN
Phone: (416) 247-7678 or 866-207-1690
Pearson Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- 1937- The government of Canada decided on building two supporting airports, including YYZ. It was termed as Malton Airport back then
- June 1940 to July 1942- During World War II, British Commonwealth Air Training Plan operated it as its Elementary Service Flying School.
- November 1958- The municipal government of Toronto sold YYZ to the federal government. The Department of Transport named it Toronto International Airport later in 1960.
- February 28, 1964- Aeroquay One(T1)) was officially opened by the 14th Prime Minister of Canada L.B. Pearson.
- 1996- Greater Toronto Airports Authority was built for the management of YYZ.
Q. How can I report the Lost and Found items?
A: You must notify the administration, or the airlines, depending on the place you lost the item. To know more, you can check the lost and found guidelines.
Q. Which airlines at Toronto Airport allow pets?
A: You can find the list of airlines that allow you to travel with your pet here.
Q. How many ways can I check-in at YYZ airport?
A: You can choose from multiple check-in options like airline counter check-in, curbside check-in, online check-in, and Kiosk check-in.
Help my senior parents from Terminal 1 to 3
Hi everyone, I am looking for somebody to help my par [more]KN 05/08/2020
Permitted liquid in a connection
I’m returning from Barcelona and I have a connection [more]PaulB 11/18/2019
connecting flights Sunwing to Westjet
Sunwing arriving from Cancun and WestJet departing fo [more]ph 11/13/2019
If we are flying AirCanada from Winnipeg to Europe, w [more]Marikay 11/03/2019