Coming from Canberra by Bus
Where does the bus from Canberra arrive to sydney air [more]Marcos Gonzalez 06/26/2017
Re-checking baggage from Sydney to Honolulu
I (US Citizen) have a Air Asia flight with my fiancee [more]Kaikala 04/11/2016
It would be helpful if Ground Transport- action inclu [more]jrnewton 12/21/2015
T3 to T1 transfer
Any suggestions? This app does not provide any...Miles 01/31/2014
SYD Airport is located in Sydney's suburb of Mascot, and is directly accessible from Marsh Street, exit Centre Road. Sydney Airport is accessible via the Southern Cross Drive M1 motorway - the quickest connection to city center.
With three long runways and 41.9million passengers in 2016, Sydney Airport is major hub to Qantas and secondary hub to Virgin Blue, Jetstar & Tiger Airways Australia, and it is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- American Airlines offers daily service to Los Angeles, using its 310-seat B777-300ER aircraft.
- Qatar Airways offers 6 flights a week to San Francisco SFO, and daily Doha-Sydney service .
Arriving Australian and New Zealand passport holders may use the self-service SmartGate with facial recognition technology for faster passport control.
The new on-Airport Hotel Rydges, a four-star hotel with 331 rooms and amenities, is located at the International Terminal
- Both Terminals 1 & 2 are getting an updated digital content platform, which is to include faster WiFi speeds, and a 'wall garden' homepage sending users targeted news, flight details & retail & dining offers.
- The ongoing 5-year project involving extensive road & transport network at T2/T3 is presently in its third year. Its 2017 project includes an exit road for Departures road/ Arrivals Court to Airport Drive and widening of Qanas Drive. The 5-year project also includes a new flyover from Aiport Drive into the T1 precinct and construction of dedicated Ground Transport interchange at T2/T3.
- The current Airport is to be transformed into two airline alliance-based areas by integrating international, domestic and regional services under one roof - expected to be operational by 2019.
NOTE: Construction started for a new Airport at Badgery's Creek - with a capacity of 10M passengers/yr, with a 3.7km long runway, swing gates and a new 4-lane motorway leading directly to it. An extension of six more train stations is to be built in south-west Sydney, making the new airport accessible via rail tunnel.