Santiago Arturo Benitez (SCL) Airport
Santiago Arturo Benitez SCL Airport Overview
SCL Airport is located in Pudahuel, a part of the metropolitan region of Santiago -17 miles northwest of city center. It is accessible either via Ruta 68, taking Autopista Vespucio north to the Airport Exit, or via the 6-lane Autopista Constanera Norte, taking the Airport Exit.
With two very long runways and serving over 14M travelers per year, Arturo Benitez Airport is hub for LAN Chile Airlines (with over 90 percent on-time flights) and is served by a number of domestic and international airlines (including Delta & American) offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport 5-level Holiday Inn connects internally to both the Domestic and the International areas of the passenger terminal and has its own parking spaces, as well as a conference hall for up to 170 persons.
The new passenger terminal at Santiago Benitez Airport is divided into Domestic (D) and International (I) areas.
Present and future Airport developments:
1. Ongoing installation of eight new 3D HiScan XCT Xray machines to increase current baggage scans from 600 to 1,800 bags per hour should be completed before year-end 2014.
2. The current Terminal is undergoing a US $70M expansion project over a 7,700 sq.meters - completion of which is expected by 2015.
3. Construction of a new 200,000 sq.meter terminal, with 2 wings for international flights & two more for both international & domestic alternate flights. As passenger count should reach an estimated 20M by 2018 - this will to enable the Airport to handle 29M passengers by 2030 & 50M by 2045. After completion of the new terminal, the existing terminal will handle domestic flights only.
79 Correo Aeropuerto Internacional .
- Website for Santiago Arturo Benitez: http://www.aeropuertosantiago.cl/english/
- Contact: http://www.aeropuertosantiago.cl/english//contact/index.php
- Phone: +56 2 690 1700