OverviewPublic transportation from Barcelona Airport to your destination:
Trains to the city :
- The new subway line 'Metro L9 Sud' (visit: www.tmb.cat/en/linies-de-metro)completed its 4.5km extension to El Prat Airport - connecting the University Zone with Barcelona Airport - stopping at both T1, level 0, and at & T2 outside. (The route includes Zona Universitaria, Collblanc, Torrassa, Can Tries/Gormal, Europa/Fira, Fira, ParcLogistic, Mercabama, Les Moreres, El Prat Station, Centric, Park Nou, Mas Blau, and Airport's T2 & T1).
Metro 9 Sud also connects passengers to the commuter rail network via Sants station within 19 minutes.
- Terminal 2 has its own RENFE commuter train station of the 'R2 North Line', running from the Airport station 'Cercanias' to Macanet-Massanes station, and making major stops at the railway stations of Barcelona Sants and Passeig de Gracia - providing transfer to the Barcelona Metro system.
Passengers can access the Renfe suburban train station from/to inside the airport facilities via the footbridge (with lifts & elevators), linking the station to the airport's Intermodal Terminal.
- RENFE train line 10 suburban trains to city center's Estacio de Franka (with stops in between) takes 32 mins. (For more information call (902) 240 202, or visit: www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona.)
For more RENFE train informtion open: www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html
(A new railway station is to be built nearby, connecting the Airport to the Spanish AVE network, and to line 9 of the Barcelona Metro.)
Buses to the City: (for more information open: www.tmb.cat/en/nova-a-xarxa-de-bus).
- Aerobus A1 to Placa Catalunya departs from Terminal 1, level 3, to city center -- available daily, and at peak time runs every five minutes - the trip takes about 35 mins. Stops are at Arrivals & Departures levels. Tel: 902 100 104.
- Aerobus A2 to Placa Catalunya departs from Terminal 2 to city center - available daily, and at peak time runs every 10 minutes - the rip takes about 35 minutes. Stops are at T2B Arrivals, and T2C (international road). Tel: 902 100 104.
- Bus 46 to Plaza Espana - Its route stops at Terminals T2B, T2C, at Rotunda nave Askar towards T1, at T1 at level 0, at Rotunda nave Azkar towards T2, and on to Barcelona/Sant Joan Despi, with last stop at Clasa Building.
- Night Bus N17 to Plaza Cagalunya in Barcelona stops at T1, level 0 - including the Barcelona-Madrid Air Shuttle
- Night bus N16 to Plaza Cataunya & Caselldefels via Viladecans & Gava - stops at T2B Departures, T2C, internal road, and Clasa Building - tel. 010.