Other parking options at BHM Airport include hourly, daily (over 4 hrs), over-sized and handicapped parking. To locate your car more easily, color-coded zones are on all levels of the parking deck.
1. The parking deck , which is being renovated, has 5,600 spaces available for hourly and daily parking and is divided into Zones A through F.
(a) Hourly (and a small number of daily ) parking is on level 3 of the parking deck; use the entrance ramp of the deck. A crosswalk to Concourse B is closest to zone A, B, & C of the deck, while a crosswalk to Concourse C is closest to zones C, D, and E of the deck. To access the terminal use a crosswalk, including stairs, or take an elevator to the ground level.
(b) Daily parking is on levels 2 and 4 - 7.
(c) Oversize handicap vehicles should enter the parking deck at the designated entrance on the ground level.
2. The Airport Remote Lot with 900 spaces is on Airline Drive near the terminal area--turn right on Airport Hwy at University Avenue and left onto Airline Drive. Parking rates for this lot correspond to daily parking rates in the deck. Frequent shuttle vans run between the lot and the terminal area.
Fro more parking information call the Birmingham http://www.flybirmingham.com/Airport Authority at 205-599-0730.
Parking Rates at BHM Airport
|Description:||The Cell Phone Lot is a parking area provided for drivers waiting to pick up arriving passengers. This lot accommodates up to 40 vehicles and is a free service with no time limit. Drivers are required to stay with their vehicles while waiting on their passengers to contact them by phone that they are ready for pickup. The Cell Phone Lot is located on Airline Drive. See map below.|
|Description:||Daily parking is intended for persons parking more than 4 hours at the airport. Daily parking is located on level 2 and 4 through 7. Also a small number of daily parking spaces are located on level 3. Oversize handicap vehicles may enter the parking deck at the designated entrance located at ground level.|
|Rate:||1 hr $1|
|1 day $12|
|Description:||The remote lot is intended for passenger parking their vehicles for an extended amount of time. The remote lot is located on Airline Drive near the terminal area. Turn right off of Messer Airport Highway at University Avenue. Turn left onto Airline drive.|
|Rate:||1 hr $1|
|1 day $10|
|Description:||Hourly parking parking is available for persons parking at the airport for less than 4-hours. Hourly parking is located on level 3 in the parking deck. Use the entrance ramp of the deck to access hourly parking. A crosswalk to Concourse B is closest to zone A, B, and C in the deck. A crosswalk to Concourse C is closest to zone C, D, and E in the deck. To access the terminal you may use a crosswalk, including stairs, or take an elevator to the ground level.|
|Rate:||1 hr $1|
|1 day $24|
As an alternative to on-site parking, there are off-airport parking at Birmingham Shuttlesworth airport options which may offer significant discounts. Most have shuttle vans or buses which operate from their facilities to the terminals, and feature secure facilities with security guards and cameras 24 hours.
Many local hotels offer up to 2 weeks free parking with one night stay. This can be especially convenient if you have an early flight and need to park at Birmingham Shuttlesworth airport. They provide shuttle service too.
Nothing is more frustrating than circling an airport parking lot looking for space when you're already running late for a flight or paying an exorbitant amount for parking when you return from a trip. You can avoid these common predicaments by doing your homework before leaving to park your vehicle at the airport.
Know your Options
Most airports offer multiple parking lots at various rates (hourly, daily and economy). Some airports even offer costly, but convenient valet parking. Visit the airport website or call the airport to determine the location and rates for each type of parking garage or service. During peak travel times, it's also prudent to check the short-term and long-term parking lot availability before leaving for the airport, so you can make other arrangements if lots are full. Parking in a daily garage (short-term parking) instead of an economy (long-term parking) lot for multiple days will burn a big hole in your wallet.
You’ll find commercial off-site parking lots near most major airports. These parking lots are farther from the airport, but the distance is often compensated with lower prices, 24-hour security, car-to-terminal shuttle services and other perks like frequent parker programs. Aside from off-site commercial parking lots allow you to reserve a parking spot in advance, which can be a real timesaver during peak travel times. In addition, many airport hotels offer stay, park and fly deals in which you stay at the hotel the night before your flight and then you can park your car at the hotel for free or a low daily rate. Just make sure the hotel parking lot is secure as some aren’t monitored around-the-clock like airport and commercial lots.
It’s too easy to forget where you parked or where you put the parking ticket after an extended trip. Even if you’re running late, take the time to note where you parked in your cell phone, PDA or on the parking ticket if you take it with you. Just make sure you don’t lose the parking ticket, because most airports charge a hefty fee for missing tickets. For that reason, it may be safer to leave the ticket in your car.
Airport Parking at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Parking
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport Parking
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Parking
- Los Angeles LAX Airport Parking
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport Parking
- Denver DEN Airport Parking
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport Parking
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Parking
- Philadelphia PHL Airport Parking
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Parking
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport Parking
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Parking
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport Parking
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport Parking
- Boston Logan BOS Airport Parking
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport Parking
- La Guardia LGA Airport Parking
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport Parking
- Memphis MEM Airport Parking
- Miami MIA Airport Parking
- San Francisco SFO Airport Parking
- Orlando MCO Airport Parking
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport Parking
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport Parking
- Honolulu HNL Airport Parking
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport Parking
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport Parking
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport Parking
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport Parking
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport Parking
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport Parking
- Portland PDX Airport Parking
- Tampa TPA Airport Parking
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport Parking
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport Parking
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport Parking
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport Parking
- San Diego SAN Airport Parking
- San Antonio SAT Airport Parking
- Nashville BNA Airport Parking