Brunswick Golden Isles Airport BQK
, a small regional airport, is located in Brunswick, State of Georgia, on the Atlantic coast, and serves the Brunswick area and the surrounding 'Golden Isles' (Little St. Simons, Jekyll, Sea, & St. Simon islands). It is operated by the Glynn County Airport Commission.
Estimated travel time to either Jekyll Island or St. Simons Island is less than a half-hour.
With around 67,000 passengers a year, Bruswick Airport is served by Delta Connection (tel.800-221-1212), offering daily flights to Atlanta on Canadair regional jets - a flight of only 37 minutes.
The new passenger terminal at Golden Isles Airport
offers free WiFi, snack bar, ATM, free baggage trolleys, a conference facility, and rental car desks; with courtesy personnel assisting arriving or departing passengers. There is also free parking available.
Delta jet service is available to Atlanta (tel. 1-800-221-1212).
The following events are to trigger the start of recommended projects:
- Both Runway 7-25 extension and taiway B construction will become necessary by 2017 if ADG-IV aircraft 'becomes current critical aircraft';
- Passenger terminal security upgrades will become necessary in 2018, if operations of commercial aircraft with larger than 60-seats increase;
- Terminal parking lot expansion will become necessary by 2018 if parking demand exceeds capacity;
- Terminal expansion will become necessary by 2028 if demand for terminal facility increases to exceed capacity.
Transport options include:
- Max Transport Company - 912-634-7749;
- Island Transport Service - 912-634-0113;
- FLETC Shuttle Service - 912-267-2100;
- Sea Island Shuttle Serve - 912-638-3611.