Parking at airport overnight
Where is the best place to park for 24 hours at airpo [more]Pert 07/26/2017
Where do we pick up our son which terminal
Where do we pick up our son arriving from Houston on [more]BETTY B 07/05/2017
Arriving from Ottawa - connecting flight to Victoria June 17
I only have 36 mins to get to my next flight to Victo [more]Margaret Savic 06/05/2017
Time needed to get through YYC customs coming from Heathrow
Hi, I'm going to book a separate flight from Calgary [more]LA 05/25/2017
YYC Calgary Airport is approximately 15 km from the City of Calgary and approximately 144 km from Banff in Canada’s Alberta Province, and can be easily accessed via Highway 2 (96 Ave NE Exit); which connects south to 16 Ave NE, taking you west to both Highways 1A and 1.
Note that due to construction of a new runway and terminal extension, Barlow Trail between 48 Av. & Airport Trail NE, and McCall Way north of 78 Av NE are closed. Also, the City has started construction of two direct routes to the Air Terminal: Route 430 North Crosstown & Route 100 Airport/McKnight - Westwind Station. (Check for updates first!)
With 4 runways and15.7 million passengers in 2016, Calgary International Airport is hub to WestJet, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Dedicated CATSA security screening lines are now available for transborder flights at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto Pearson, and Montreal airports. Eligible 'Trusted Travelers' may use these lines - including: members of NEXUS & Global Entry programs; Canadian and US military, and aircrew in uniform with valid IDs. Self-serve NEXUS kiosks clear customs and immigration faster.
- Arriving visa-exempt foreign nationals (except US citizens and travelers with a valid visa) need an Elecronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- While there are plenty of charging stations throughout the Airport, passengers may also use the new WeWatt charging bike - a good way to get some exercise.
- All airline gates are within a 5-minute walk form the central waiting area. Gates are assigned at least one hour prior to boarding time and are then posted on the large screen.
Calgary International has two connected passenger terminals - the Domestic and the new International Terminal - A Connections Corridor between the two terminals offers moving walkways and CTS little 3-seater electric buggies, and houses the Connections /Transfer Center. Both terminals are served by carparks P1 & P2 in close proximity. While each of the Terminals may house at the entrance some food, hotel desks & airline office - check-in areas are located near their respective concourses and before security check, and offer food & drink & retail outlets. Each concourse has its own Security check stationed at their respective entrance. Check-in is in the back of the ground level.
- Concourse A with gates A12-A24
- Concourse B with gates B31-B40
- Concourse C with gates C50-C65
- The New International Terminal (IT), opened Oct. 31, 2016, covers 2M sq.feet - serving U.S. and International flights. It houses after security check the D & E Concourses (boarding bridges). A new baggage handling system in place, a new skywalk connects to the Parkade, and up to 238 self-serve units expedite the check-in process. 'White Hat' volunteers now have their own lounge. Also completed were 50 new shops & services, advanced sceening & boarding processes and streamlined customs & connection services, and a 318-room hotel. A 'Connections' /Transfer Center is available at the connections Corridor. Note that IT now offers CATSA Plus, a streamlined security process, as well as APCs (automated border clearance kiosks). Both Departures Halls D & E offer currency exchange and a good selection of food & drink and retail shops. Close to the Entrance to Concourse D is the Meeting Place D with Starbucks, Skyway Wine & Liquor, a Bistro and Travelex.
- Concourse E with gates E80-87 serves all other international flights.