Charleston CHS Airport Overview
The city of Charleston is a place where the past is still the present. Gas-lit cobblestone streets lead to unique boutiques and excellent southern dining. In its 300-year history, Charleston has been welcoming host to its visitors offering historic houses, museums, attractions, beaches and world-class golf. Carefully preserved homes, churches and public buildings line tree-shaded streets and attest to the great past of this city.
CHS Airport is located in North Charlston, off Interstate Hwy 26 and close to the city of Charleston. It is adjacent to Charleston Air Force Base and airfield facilities are used jointly with the Air Force.
With two runways and nearly 2.9M passengers a year, Charleston International Airport is served by major airlines offering direct flights to major U.S. cities, with connections around the world.
Charleston International Airport has one passenger terminal.
NOTE: Of the 8 traffic lanes in front of the Terminal - four lanes are closed for 'most of 2014', due to renovation/ construction work.
Present and future Airport developments:
1. Rental car agencies will be located in one space, connected to the baggage claim hall - completion April 2014.
2. A Consolidated TSA security screening checkpoint is scheduled for Dec. 2014.
3. Renovation of ticketing hall is to start Jan. 2014, to be completed by May 2015.
5. Concourse B extension with 5 new gates and added amenities - scheduled for May 2015.
6. Concourse A renovation will offer better amenities - work starting Oct. 2014 & ending Aug. 2015