Chattanooga Metropolitan (CHA) Airport
Chattanooga Metropolitan CHA Airport Overview
Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport CHA - open 24/7 -serves the city of Chattanooga and its Hamilton County in the State of Tennessee. It offers all the services and amenities one expects, without the stress created by large airports. A flight on Canadair Regional Jet takes only 17 minutes, and with a proposed high-speed rail line from the Airport to Atlanta's MARTA transportation system could make it Atlanta's alternative airport.
CA Airport is only 5 miles from downtown Chattanooga, and is situated at the junction of four major highways (I-24, I-75, I-59 & US 27), making it accessible from southeast Tennessee, north Georgia and north Alabama.
With two runways and a yearly passenger count of about 617,000, Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport is served by major airlines, offering direct flights to eastern US hubs with global connections.
The main passenger terminal at Chattanoga Airport operates 4:30am-12am (or last flight). It has three rectangular sections extending from it: Section A is for ticketing, Section B for baggage claim and rental car counters, and Section C has the arrival and departure gates.
The terminal is undergoing renovation work until early 2014. Work includes renovation of restrooms, new flooring, wall tile, painting & signage, updating seating throughout the terminal, concession overhaul, & new escalator in the rotunda.
Current airlines serving the Airport: American, Delta, & US Airways.
Important telephone numbers:
Airport Pass & ID - tel. (423) 855-2265
Airport Police - (423) 855-2204
Food Court - tel (423) 855-2263
Gifts/News - (423) 855-2240
Lost and Found - (423) 855-2204
Paging - (423) 855-2200
Parking - (423) 899-4849
Current & Future Airport Developments:
1. Renovation construction on the terminal started in early May 2013, to be completed in phases by February 2014.
2. The vacant buildings and parking lots will be demolished to be transformed into green space with walking paths.
Chattanooga Metropolitan CHA Airport Update History
- CHA Airports - Oct 25, 2013
- CHA Airport Intro - Oct 16, 2013
- CHA Buses & Trains - Oct 6, 2013
- CHA Security - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Pets - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Persons With Disabilities - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Official Website Links - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Lost Found - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Business Services - Sep 16, 2013
- CHA Parking On site - Aug 12, 2013
- CHA Airlines Served - Jun 21, 2013