Chicago Midway MDW Airport Overview
MDW Airport is readily accessible from Chicago's center in less than 30 minutes via the Stevenson Expressway. It is located 10 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois, and borders to the suburbs of Burbank & Clearing. The Stevenson Expressway (I-55) connects northeast to I-90/I-94, and southwest to I-294. between Interstates Hwys I-55. The CTA's Orange Line connects the Airport with downtown Chicago.
With five runways and an estimated 20.3M passengers per annum, Chicago Midway Airport is served by regular & low-cost carriers - Southwest is the dominant one, offering direct and connecting flights to many points in the U.S. and Canada, with connections around the world. Southwest is the dominant carrier at Midway.
- Low-cost airline Volaris offers 2 weekly flights to Durango, Mexico, on Tuesdays & Saturdays.
- The Lakeshore Express carrier operates out of private terminals at both ORD & MDW airports: Check-in & boarding at MDW is at Atlantic Aviation, 5200 W. 63rd St. It offers connections to Detroit on its Saab 340b.
A new 74-room Best Westgern Hotel wih 74 rooms is now being built on-Airport grounds.
The passenger terminal at Chicago Midway Airport has three concourses - A, B & C.
Present and future Airport developments: In August 2015 it was announced that Midway International will get a $248M upgrade, including expansion of concession faclities, doubling the size of the security checkpoint by a new security hall, while the parking garage is to get 4 more levels with 1,400 premium parking spaces. The pedestrian bridge over Cicero Avenue is to increase from 60 to 300 feet. No starting & completion dates are yet available.
5700 South Cicero Ave
Chicago, IL 60638
- Website for Chicago Midway: http://www.flychicago.com/midway/en/home/Pages/default.aspx
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (773) 838 0600 or 838 9111