Chicago Midway MDW Airport Overview
MDW Airport is readily accessible from Chicago's center in less than 30 minutes via the Stevenson Expressway. It is located 10 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois, and borders to the suburbs of Burbank & Clearing. The Stevenson Expressway (I-55) connects northeast to I-90/I-94, and southwest to I-294. between Interstates Hwys I-55. The CTA's Orange Line connects the Airport with downtown Chicago.
With five runways and an estimated 21M passengers per annum, Chicago Midway Airport is served by regular & low-cost carriers - Southwest is the dominant one, offering direct and connecting flights to many points in the U.S. and Canada, with connections around the world. Southwest is the dominant carrier at Midway.
- InterJet starts nonstop service to Mexico City on November 17, 2016.
- American Airlines starts May 5, 2017 with seasonal service to Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN)
- Low-cost airline Volaris offers 2 weekly flights to Durango, Mexico, on Tuesdays & Saturdays.
- The Lakeshore Express carrier operates out of private terminals at both ORD & MDW airports: Check-in & boarding at MDW is at Atlantic Aviation, 5200 W. 63rd St. It offers connections to Detroit on its Saab 340b.
Current Airlines and their Concourses:
- Concourse A: Delta, Porter, Southwest & Volaris
- Concourse B: Southwest
- Concourse C: North Country Sky.
NOTE: International arrivals may now use an expanded version of the Automated Passport Control (APC) technology (self-serve APC kiosks speed up passenger processing time).
A new 74-room Best Westgern Hotel wih 74 rooms is now being built on-Airport grounds.
Chicago Midway Airport has has one passenger terminal with 3 concourses.
Present and future Airport developments: Midway International will get a $248M upgrade, including expansion of concession faclities and doubling the size of the security checkpoint by a new security hall; while the parking garage is to get 4 more levels with 1,400 premium parking spaces. The pedestrian bridge over Cicero Avenue is to increase from 60 to 300 feet. No starting & completion dates are yet available.
5700 South Cicero Ave
Chicago, IL 60638
- Website for Chicago Midway: http://www.flychicago.com/midway/en/home/Pages/default.aspx
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: (773) 838 0600 or 838 9111