Chicago Midway MDW Airport Overview
Chicago Midway Airport MDW is the City of Chicago's, as well as the State's second-largest Airport (after O'Hare) and is becoming one of the fastest growing airports in North America.
The Airport is readily accessible from Chicago's center in less than 30 minutes via the Stevenson Expressway. It is located 10 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois, and borders to the suburbs of Burbank & Clearing. The Stevenson Expressway (I-55) connects northeast to I-90/I-94, and southwest to I-294. between Interstates Hwys I-55.
With five runways, and an estimated 19.5 million passengers in 2012, Chicago Midway Airport is served by many low-cost carriers, as well as by major domestic airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to many points in the U.S. and Canada, with connections around the world. Southwest is the dominant carrier at Midway.
The low-cost VivaAerobus now offers two weekly nonstops to Monterrey, Mexico.
Southwest offers daily nonstop service to Cancun ,Mexico, and to the Dominican Republic & Jamaica..
AirBerlin offers nonstop flights to Berlin, Germany, and Qatar Airways ofers flights to Doha.
The passenger terminal at Chicago Midway Airport has three concourses - A, B & C. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Maps' page.)
Other parking options at Midway Airport include a multi-level parking garage, 2 economy lots and an Economy garage - another parking garage with consolidated rental car facilities is now under construction. (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
NOTE: All rental car agencies are now under one roof, using only one fleet of white shuttle buses departing the terminal at 5700 S. Cicero Ave. and proceeding on 'buses only' airport road to the 5-level Consolidated Rental Car Car Center at 5150 West 55th Street, taking only a few minutes.
To get from the Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo, a shuttle, bus or train. (Midway is 10 miles from downtown Chicago, and the CTA Orange Line takes only20-30 mins.) Most modes of tranportton are located at the main entrance area of the terminal. For more information ou can contact Operations, weekdays 8am-4pm, at 773-838-0787. Also, an information counter is located at Lower Level Arrivals door LL3..
The pickup location is located outside door LL3, inside lane. Lift-equipped vehicles are available on request for those passengers with disabilities. Advanced notice is strongly suggested.
1. Midway is served by the L train.; you can board the Orange Line trains, which run to downtown Chicago and the Loop (total time 25 mins) in the terminal's station, where you can also catch the CTA buses.
2. Continental Airport Express (312-454-7800 or 800-654-7871) offers door-to-door service every 15 minutes to/from Midway and most city and suburban neighborhoods from 6am-11:30pm.
3. Door-to-Door service 'Go Airport Express' tel. 312-45-7800 or 800-654-7871serves the City & its suburbs, departing every 15 mins.
Midway to OHare Transfer Options: Omega Airport Shuttle (773-734-6600; press letter O) offers hourly service between O'Hare International and Midway Airports, 7a.m.-10:00 p.m. Allow at least 1 hour for travel time. Schedules are located in information booths at each airport or on the Omega Web site. Pickup at Midway Airport is located at door LLDoor3. The one-way fare between O'Hare International and Midway Airport is about $16.
5700 South Cicero Ave
Chicago, IL 60638
- Website for Chicago Midway: http://www.flychicago.com/midway/en/home/Pages/default.aspx
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Phone: (773) 838 0600 or 838 9111
- View Terminal Map
Chicago Midway MDW Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- MDW Baggage Carts / Skycap
- MDW Baggage Claim
- MDW Banking / ATM Services
- MDW Business Services
- MDW Currency Exchange
- MDW Emergency / Medical Services
- MDW Guest Services
- MDW Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Chicago Midway MDW Airport Update History
- Updated MDW Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MDW Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MDW Airport Intro page - Apr 27, 2013
- Updated MDW Main Terminals page - Feb 12, 2013
- Updated MDW Official Website Links page - Feb 12, 2013
- Updated MDW Direct Flights page - Jan 20, 2013