Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Flight Transfer in Dallas, finding luggage
Hello I'm travelling to Maui, Hawaii from Toronto wi [more]David Kim 5 hr ago
From Terminal C to D
Hi, I have 1 hr connection, and I need to get from Te [more]KPM 23 hr ago
Food before flight to Washington DCA
Im assuming my connecting flight to Washington DCA wi [more]MG Yesterday
Time estimate for International - Domestic connection at DFW
Arriving DFW international (Terminal D) from Sydney a [more]MG Yesterday
Dallas Fort Worth Airport ( DFW ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at Dallas-Fort Worth International consists of five terminals - TA through TE (TD is the international terminal) - divided by their respective International Parkways: TA, TC & TE are to the east, TB & T3 are to the west. All Terminals are connected by the high-speed Skylink train, running inside security and taking an average of 5 mins. Each of the five terminals, together with their parking facility, form a half circle, with the parking area facing the one-way roads of the Inernational Parkway in the center. Terminals A & B face each other - connected by a walkway, as well as terminals C & D (Terminal D has actually a square layout). Terminal E is south of Terminal C, but is not connected by walkway to the other terminals. Note that all amenities and services (food, drink, stores...) are located in the boarding area near their respective gates.
Passenger Paging telephone numbers: for TA & TC: 972-4252480; for TB, TD & TE: 972-973-3112.
Free AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots are located throughout the Terminal.
Locations are stated by letters & numbers: A9 = Terminal A, area 9.
DFW is making considerable improvements & changes for some time to come - see YouTube site at https://www.youtube.com/user/DFWIntlAirport/videos.
- Apple TV now provides flight, parking and traffic information.
Getting around*: This section offers transfer options within terminals, how to proceed if arriving at the new Airport Station, & available 'Minute Suites' to rest:
- Entry Door E16 is for passengers of Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines and JetBlue
- Entry Door E20 is for passengers of Air Canada, Spirit & United
- Entry Door E35 is for passengers of American, Frontier & WestJet.
Inter-terminal transportation via free Skylink light rail train operating 24/7, arriving every 2 minutes and taking on average 5 minutes. They connect all five terminal with the shortest route to your stop while inside security (terminals are quoted below as TA - TE):
TA between gates A13 & A16 and A29 & A34
TB between gates B9 & B12 and B28 & B31
TC between gates C8 & C12 and C27 & C32
TD between gates D11 & D20 and D24 & D34
TE between gates E8 & E11 and E31 & E32.
- Alternatively, free 'Terminal Link' blue & green accessible vans transfer passengers every 10 mins outside of the terminals' baggage claim, 5am-midnight, thereafter call 972-574-5465.
* During Renovation up to 2017/18:
- TB: Renovations to be completed 2017/18. Use entry B7 or B9 to acess gates B1-17; use entry B25, B30 or B43 to access gates B24-49. Ongoing renovations at B18-23: Entries B16 & B19 are closed; lower level access to gates B18-23 is closed. Use detour.
- TE: renovations to be completed 2018. Gates E2-10 are closed; Alaska, Delta & JetBlue passengers use Entry E16; Air Canada, Spirit & United passengers use Entry 120; American, Frontier & WestJet passengers use Entry E35. For gates E11-17 and gates E18-38 -use entry E14 or E16.
- Nearest pick-up/drop-off areas at terminals are beween: A15-16 & A25-26; B12-13 & B27-28; C12-15 & C24-27; D17 & D24; E9-13 & E18-21.
Passengers arriving at the new DFW Airport Station: Walk to Terminal A (a 3-minute walk) - enter the ticketing hall if departing from TA; if not - you have the following options to connect to one of the other terminals:
- Non-American Airline passengers with only carry-on bags may use a multi-airline kiosk (in elevator vestibule at TA) to check in for their flight.
- Passengers of airlines other than American with bags to check in may use the Terminal Link shuttle bus outside to get to their connecting terminal.
To rest /refresh between flights, DFW now offers at Terminal D, near gate D23, nine 'Minute Suites' with shower facilities (& Terminal A will have soon a second Minute Suites).
International Arrivals/ Transfers: Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bags. The Skylink at post-security gets you to your connecting flight - or use the walkway between A, B, C & D gates (E gates are not connected by walkway).
The three new gates in the corridor connecting Terminals D & B are swing gates, enabling international passengers to proceed directly upstairs to the Customs Hall via newly opened 2-level corridor between TD & TB.
Aside from Global Entry & TSA Pre-Check - the following three additions have been speeding up the process considerably:
- Currently over 70 percent of international arrivals (US citizens & green-card holders, Canadians, citizens of Visa waiver countries), will use the 51 APC's (automated passport control) processing machines).
- 'carry-on bags only' passengers may use the'Carry E-Z' green lines in the International Arrivals Hall.
- CBP baggage claim expanded to 13 positions, and the Terminal D22 checkpoint is adding 2 more lanes.
TSA Checkpoint Locations: A10, A21, B9, B30, C10, C21, C30, D18, D22, D30, E16, E18, E33.
TSA Pre-Check Locations: A21, C20, D22, D30, E18.
CLEAR at E33 - CLEAR members bypass long lines going straight to screening.
* United Passengers: Due to ongoing renovation work, the United Airlines has been relocated to a different section of TE through mid-2017. During this time United's check-in is near the E20 terminal entrance, and its flights are depart from/ arriving at gates E25–E30. Allow for extra time for check-in, baggage dro-off, security screening and walk to gate.
NOTE: DFW’s renovation efforts in the last few months focused on the terminals' life extension by replacing infrastructure and making parking, check-in, security check and baggage retrieval more efficient. It also included more natural light, a more open environment, more seating, charging stations and self-service technologies. DFW also offers a new choice of food options and adding electronics, gift shops and high-end retail shops.
TERMINAL DETAILS for Terminals A - E. (Free WiFi access is available in all 5 terminals; TSA Pre-Check is at Terminals A, C & D).
Terminal A of DFW: In January 2017 all 26 gates, two new baggage claim areas and upgraded & expanded three security checkpoints became operational, as TA's renovation project was completed - adding 50 percent more space to concessions near checkpoints and Skylink stations. Improvements also included a new parking garage with electronic guidance system and ticketing - with upgraded and added food & drink retail concessions, and enhanced wayfinding signage and technology.
Passengers now benefit by easier locating needed services; by free AT&T WiFi service throughout the terminal, more power outlets in the gate areas, work tables, and some gate seating. The expanded baggage claim areas nowhave digital signage; expanded TSA checkpoints have added lanes with room to repack; there are four self-serve ticket kiosks in the check-in area; overall comfort is enhanced by new energy-efficient heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems. The terminal now has energy-efficient glass windows; the old tile floors were replaced by new terazzo flooring; ceilings are higher with more light coming in; there is now a state-of-the-art fiber optics backbone & communications room; a new PAVE public address system, new floor artworks at concourse level entrances to Skylink, and 4 new high-capacity elevators between concourse levels.
TA serves exclusively American Airlines with gates A6-A39 (after A39 are connectors to C & B gates). Terminal A is only a 3-minute walk from the new DFW Airport Station - with its Orange Line light trains heading to the City.
- the public area houses arrivals & departures on east and west sides and includes baggage claim, ticket countes, & security checks. Self-service ticket kiosks are in both airside (11) and landside 13) The secured area include the Skylink stops near gates A33, A28, A16, A13.
- The gate area offers shops, InMotion Entertainment, TDD Phones, XpressSpa with Hair Salon; manicure, pedicure, massage therapist; nursing room, & 7-Eleven; 22 Cafe & dining options, ATMs (B of A and Chase inside security, cellular broadband, children's play area, FedEx dropbox, free power stations, shoe shine, U.S. mail box, Minute Suites,
- Outside of Security checkpoint: American Airlines Cedit Union ATM; security checkpoint mailers, prepaid long-distance phone cards, DART rail service to Dallas
NOTE: Further improvements on TA will continue and will include completion of some concession outlets, some restrooms, new receiving dock, and concessions storage space - to be completed by summer 2017.
Terminal B of DFW is currently under construction, involving gates B18-B25 , and their related arrivals & departures areas, parking & transport - while gates B1-B17, and B26-B49 and their related arrivals & departures areas, parking & transport are operational.TB serves American Airlines only with gates B1-49, (and access near gates B1-B3 to D & A gates) with security check-points B9 & B19 leading to gates, and with Skylink stations at B9 & B12, and B28 & B31. Past Gate 1 are separate walkways to gates D1-D40 & gates A1-39. Ticket counters are in pre-security, at left, center and right, and two baggage claim areas are to the left, two in the center and 3 at right. Food & drink , shops & services are available in pre & post-security areas The USO center is at B15. A Federal inspections services (FIS) corridor allows for international passenger arrivals at Terminal B to proceed directly to the Customs facility adjacent Terminal D.
NOTE: The first phase of TB's upgrade & expansion work has been completed and a new section of TB was opened - including gates B4 - B11, a corresponding security checkpoint, a ticketing hall and two baggage claim counters. The ongoing second phase renovations will be completed late 2016 - including new passenger entries with elevator access, a new parking garage next to TB with 1,800 spaces - connected to gate B9 by covered walkway. Two more phases will follow, to be completed during 2017/8.
Terminal C of DFW serves American Airlines only with gates C2-39 (and access to A gates near gate C2), with security check-points C10, 20, & 30 and gates, Skylink stations at C8 & C12 and C27 & C32. Past gate C2 is a walkway to gates A1-39. Ticket counters are in pre-security, at left, center and right, and one baggage claim is to the left, two near the center and three at right. Food & drink, shops & services are available in pre & post-security areas. Note that the Hyatt Regency DFW is adjacent to Terminal C (tel. 972-453-1234).
International Terminal D of DFW with gates D5-D40 serves the following airlines: American at gates D17-40 - while gates D6-16 serve AeroMexico, Avianca, British, Cayman, Emirates, Etihad, Interjet, Japan, Korean, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar, Sun Country, & Volaris. Skylink stations are at gates D11 & D20, and D24 & D34. TD has Security check-points D18, 22 & 30 - leading to gates D6-D40 - with a walkway past gate D40 to gates C2-39. The Skylink stops are near gates D1, D20, D25 & D34. (NOTE: A 5-minute shuttle from DFW's Express South Parking serves TE's airlines.)
The three new gates located in the corridor connecting Terminals D & B are swing gates, enabling international passengers to proceed directly upstairs to the Customs Hall via newly opened 2-level corridor between TD & TB.
Ticket counters are in pre-security, two at left and two at right, and a baggage claim is both to the left and right. Food & drink establishments, shops & services are available in pre & post-security areas. Interactive touch screens, recently installed in Terminal D (showing available concessions and their location), will be installed in the other terminals as well.
- The Grand Hyatt DFW is inside of this Terminal (tel. 972-973-1234), as well as the new Minute Suite center (near gate D23 - while a second one should be completed soon).
- The Departures level has two direct access points to the Parking Garage for passengers of gates D22-D6 (left) & gates D23-D40 (right).
- 7 new concessions (unique restaurants, retail service shops) are being added, while 'TRG Duty Free' and 'Texas Retailer' were selected to design & operate the new duty-free stores (with luxury & premium retail brands) at 6 locations, with a total of 20,000 sq.ft. - including a 2-level primary store between gates D22 & D23, upgrading TD's central area with an executive lounge, specialty stores & kiosks. Completion is scheduled for year-end 2016. (The popular Guidance system used at new TA Garage will also be added at TD.)
- The Terminal D Duty-free Project was completed late 2016: 'TRG Duty Free' and 'Texas retailer' together operate the new duty-free stores (with luxury & premium retail brands) at 6 locations, with a total of 20,000 sq.ft. - including a 2-level 13,000 sq.ft. primary store between gates D22 & D23, upgrading TD's central area with an executive lounge, specialty stores & kiosks. 2016.
Terminal E of Dallas Fort Worth Airport: Renovation is currently in progress between gates E2 & E8 and their related arrivals & departures services. TE serves the following airlines and their gates: Air Canada; Alaska; American; Delta; Frontier; jetBlue; Spirit; United; and Westjet. Skylink stations are at gates E8 & E11 and E31 & E32. When entering the terminal use the following entry doors for these airlines: Door E16: for Alaska, Delta, & JetBlue; Door E20: for Air Canada, Spirit, United; Door E35 for American, Frontier, WestJet. Or for gate areas; use entry doors E14 /E16 for gates E11-17; or doors E18, E20, E31 or E35 for gates 18-38.
TE has security checkpoints E8, 15, 16 & 33, and gates E2-E38 (E2-10 are currently closed), with T-shaped temporary satellite & gates E21-E30* (gates E11-E17 are currently being renovated). None of the E gates currently connect to any A, B, C, or D gates; Ticket counters are in pre-security, one at left, one at center and one at right, and two baggage claims to the left, three at center and 3 to the right. Food & drink establishments, shops & services are available in pre & post-security areas. CLEAR Biometric Screening Services get you through security within five minutes (visit www.clearme.com) with members-only CLEARlane at Checkpoint E8.
Free power stations are available at D21, 23, 30 & D40.
- Services at TE currently include ATMs (B of A at gate E20;; Chase at gate E33; Travelex at E16; DTW Airiport Travel Lounge at E8; free power stations at E37; manicure, massage, pedicure E31; security checkpoint mailers E18, E33; XpresSpa E27, E31. Yoga Studio E31.
NOTE: Ongoing Construction on the Terminal renovation/ expansion project is to be completed by 2017: During construction time, onsite parking will remain available in the garage across from gates E2 through E10 and serve as overflow - access is via walkway from/to E14. Also, Terminal Link shuttles are available to operational sections of Terminal E.
- Satellite E: During TE's upgrade work some flights will use this satellite; passengers checkin at Terminal 2. After they complete passport & hand baggage checks, they proceed by underground transport system to the 7,000 sq.meter Satellite terminal, housing a number of restaurants & cafes, 15 retail stores and 3 duty-free areas. With 27 aircraft stands serving the pier, there no longer need for bus transfer. In early 2017 it was announced that the Airport intends to keep the Satellite open until at least the end of TE's upgrade completion.
- TE 's current status: The first three phases of construction at TE have been completed and include gate renovations of E11 - E17 and corresponding ticketing hall for Alaska & Delta airlines; upgrades to baggage claims at E13 and E14, and opening of security checkpoint E16. At the gates, upgraded seating and charging tables were added, along with the following concessions: At Gate E11: Love Shack (Chef Tim Love's Fort Worth Burger Joint); at Gate E12: Marshall-Rousso (Accessories); at Gate E13: Sonny Bryan's Dallas Smokehouse Barbecue; at Gate E15: Texas Marketplace (Gifts); and at Gate E16: InMotion Entertainment ( Electronics). The adjacent parking garage with 1,800 spaces and parking guidance system has opened at the same time.
During Phase 4 work of the TE Project gates E2-E10 will be redeveloped and more concessions added. Completion of the entire project is scheduled for early 2018.
Airport & Airline Lounges inside the terminals:
- American Airlines has an Admirals Club in terminals A - D (and will have most likely one in TE when completed).
- At or near gate D21 are lounges for: British Airways, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Qantas Business, & The Club at DFW.
- at gates B28, E8 are the DFW Travel Lounges;
- at gate E10 is the Delta Sky Club ;
- near gate D17 is the Centurion Lounge;
- at gate D21is the Club at DFW;
- at gates D21, E7 are the Priority Pass lounges;
- at gate E22 is the United Red Carpet Club.