Madison Dane County MSN Airport Overview
Madison Dane County Regional Airport MSN is, despite its name, no longer just a regional airport, due to the considerable increase in passengers and airlines. It serves the city of Madison and its surrounding areas in southern Wisconsin. Airport terminal and main checkpoint are open daily at 4am, while a second TSA checkpoint at the south end of the terminal is open during morning rush hours 4:30am-7am.
The Airport is located about five miles northeast of the city center of Madison and can be accessed via I-90 north (exit 138B west at Hwy 30), or I-90/I-94 (exit 132 Hwy 51 south). The roadway approach to the airport is simple and streamlined. The International Lane has four lanes divided by traffic separation islands. An electronic sign welcomes you and advises of any new parking information. Note that only one way leads into the airport and one way out. As you drive into the complex, the turnoffs to hourly, daily and surface parking come up to the left. The roadway in front of the terminal is divided into six lanes, four of which are for dropping off/ picking up passengers.
With three runways and an estimated 1.6 million passengers in 2012, Madison Dane County Regional Airport is served by major U.S.airlines offering direct flights to U.S. airport hubs with connections around the world.
As of May 18, 2013, Delta starts service to Salt Lake City SLC.
The expanded and re-designed passenger terminal at Dane County Regional Airport has two levels:
Level 1 is the Ground Level with airline ticketing counters, three baggage carousels & rental car desks;
Level 2 is the Concourse level which connects via Skywalk to the parking ramp, has some food & drink establishments, a business center, two security checkpoints, and airline gates 1 through l3.
The passenger terminal and the main checkpoint open daily at 4am, while TSA Security checkpoint at the south end of the terminal is open daily from 4:30am-7am.
Services and amenities inside the passenger terminal include: an executive conference room , in-seat power station for power cords & USB cables, a 'Meeters and Greeters Lounge', as well as a massage therapy and shoe shine stall. Furthermore, all airport facilities are ADA-accessible.There are also TTY phones for the deaf and hard of hearing. Leisure travelers, especially those with children, appreciate the family and mother’s lounges, variety of restaurants, and clean, safe and secure atmosphere. A convention and tourist information booth and a postal center are located near baggage claim.
Parking Options at Madison Dane County Airport: . Six crosswalks connect the Parking Ramp with the terminal--of the five on the ground level, two are covered. On the third level, an enclosed, heated skywalk is available. Elevator accessibility is on either end. Two pedestrian crosswalks connect the Economy Lot to the south end of the Surface Lot.
1. The Parking Ramp is a modern structure across from the terminal building. Two-wheel vehicle parking is available immediately in the hourly parking area of the garage.
2. The Surface Lot surrounds the Parking Ramp and is also near the terminal .
3. The Economy Lot has the lowest daily parking rates (take a ticket at the entrance, park, then pay on exit using one of two Credit Card Express exit lanes. The lot is a 10-minute walk from the passenger terminal and can accommodate oversized and extra-long vehicles.
4. Disabled parking is available In the Parking Ramp near the two elevators on the terminal side of each level, while in the surface lot, stalls are west of the Parking Ramp.
For more parking information call 608-246-3380, choose option 5, then press 3 (press 1 thereafter for rates, or 2 for availability).
To get from Madison Dane County Regional Airport to your destination, you have the option of renting a car, taking a taxi or a hotel shuttle (a courtesy phone is located at the hotel board between Baggage Claims 1 & 2), or a public transportation bus:
1. The following taxis depart at the north end of the baggage claim at door 7: Badger Cab (608-256-5566); Madison Taxi (608-255-8294); Union Cab (608-242-2000). The rental car lot shuttle can be found at door 6.
2. The public Madison Metro (608-266-4466) - Bus Route 20 - runs (between the North Transfer Point and East Towne Mall) via the Airport every half hour on weekdays, hourly on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
Present & Future Airport Developments: In March 2013 ground-breaking took place for the construction of a green-certified designed new sn removal equipment building at the Airport, scheduled for completion in Fall 2013.
Madison Dane County MSN Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Madison Dane County MSN Airport Update History
- Updated MSN Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated MSN Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated MSN Parking On site page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated MSN Airport Intro page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated MSN Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013