Frankfurt (FRA) Airport
Frankfurt FRA Airport Overview
In 2010 Skytrax gave Frankfurt Airport a four-star ranking, and in 2013 voted it the 'World’s Most Improved Airport' . In Fall 2014 Frankfurt AP received the 'Service Champion' award in Gold for high customer satisfaction (with nearly 70 percent of passengers rating their airport experience as 'very good'.
FRA Airport is located within city limits, and only 12 km southwest of Frankfurt's city center - connected by autobahn intersection 'Frankfurter Kreuz' (Frankfurt Cross), where motorways A3 and A5 meet; it is also accessible via motorway A67 (follow airplane signs to the terminals).
With four long runways and an estimated 59 million passengers annually, Frankfurt Airport is secondary hub to Lufthansa and hub to Condor Flugdienst, and is served by a host of national & international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. (Flights are banned between 11pm and 5am.)
NOTE: 1. Passengers arriving at the AIRail Terminal from a long-distance train may use the AIRail check-in area in the connector to Terminal 1. Check-in there is available up to 45 mininutes prior to scheduled departure. You can also get your boarding card at the self-service kiosks near the check-in counters (check with your airline first).
2. UK travelers / Global Entry: CBP (US Customs & Border Protection) extends its expedited clearance program 'Global Entry' to include UK citizens.
On-Airport hotels at Frankfurt Airport include:
1. New award-winning Hilton Frankfurt Airport hotel is directly above the InterCity Express (ICE) railway station, and has direct a pedestrian skywalk to Terminal 1. Tel. +49-69-26012000/ fax 26012001
2. Steigenberger Airport Hotel (tel. +49 69 69750); Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers (tel.+49 699 69770); and
3. 4-star InterCity Hotel (tel. +49 696 97099) and
4. Park Inn Frankfurt Airport (tel. +49 6990 02760).
Frankfurt Airport has presently two main passenger terminals - T1 & T2 and the separate Lufthansa First-Class Terminal.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
1. Terminal 1's forecourt & access road are being redesigned - ongoing construction will last until early 2016 and includes terminal facade & entrances, pedestrian areas & roadways on arrivals level of terminal forecourt. The redesigned forecourt is to serve as attractive reception area & the improved access road will enhance traffic flow.
2. A new Terminal 3 is now under construction - spanning 90,000 sq.meters, with a 20-meter high terminal hall which includes space for four check-in areas with 104 counters & 54 baggage drop-off machines, 40 ticket counters, and 29 security control positions. New T3 is to serve 14M passengers annually, and will be built in phases. Thereafter, T3 will then be linked to T1, T2, and the airport train stations by means of expanded baggage conveyor & Sky Line people mover systems. Completion is to be 'no later than 2022'.
Frankfurt am Main, 60547
- Website for Frankfurt: http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +49 (0) 1806 / 372-4636