Frankfurt (FRA) Airport
Frankfurt FRA Airport Overview
Frankfurt Airport is located within city limits, and only 12 km southwest of Frankfurt's city center - connected by autobahn intersection 'Frankfurter Kreuz' (Frankfurt Cross), where motorways A3 and A5 meet; it is also accessible via motorway A67 (follow airplane signs to the terminals).
With four long runways and 60.8M passengers in 2016, Frankfurt Airport is secondary hub to Lufthansa and hub to Condor Flugdienst, and is served by a host of national & international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. (Flights are banned between 11pm and 5am.)
- Passengers arriving at the AIRail Terminal from a long-distance train may use the AIRail check-in area in the connector to Terminal 1. Check-in there is available up to 45 mininutes prior to scheduled departure. You can also get your boarding card at the self-service kiosks near the check-in counters (check with your airline first).
- UK travelers / Global Entry: CBP (US Customs & Border Protection) extends its expedited clearance program 'Global Entry' to include UK citizens.
- Passengers traveling to/viaCanada: An Electronic Travel Authorization - also called the eTA is now mandatory!
On-Airport hotels at Frankfurt Airport include:
- New award-winning Hilton Frankfurt Airport hotel is directly above the InterCity Express (ICE) railway station, and has direct a pedestrian skywalk to Terminal (tel. +49-69-26012000/ fax 26012001).
- Steigenberger Airport Hotel (tel. +49 69 69750); Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers (tel.+49 699 69770); and
- 4-star InterCity Hotel (tel. +49 696 97099) and
- Park Inn Frankfurt Airport (tel. +49 6990 02760).
Frankfurt Airport has presently two main passenger terminals - T1 & T2 and the separate Lufthansa First-Class Terminal.
Present & Future Airport Developments: A new Terminal 3 is under construction - spanning 90,000 sq.meters, with a 20-meter high terminal hall which includes space for four check-in areas with 104 counters & 54 baggage drop-off machines, 40 ticket counters, and 29 security control positions. New T3 is to serve 14M passengers annually, and will be built in phases. Thereafter, T3 will then be linked to T1, T2 and the airport train stations by means of expanded baggage conveyor & Sky Line people mover systems. Official opening is to be in 2022.
Frankfurt am Main, 60547
- Website for Frankfurt: http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +49 (0) 1806 / 372-4636