Frankfurt (FRA) Airport
Frankfurt FRA Airport Overview
In Fall 2014 Frankfurt AP received the 'Service Champion' award in gold for high customer satisfaction (with nearly 70 percent of passengers rating their airport experience as 'very good'.
FRA Airport is located within city limits, and only 12 km southwest of Frankfurt's city center, in the Rhine-Main area of Germany, and connected by Autobahn intersection 'Frankfurter Kreuz', where motorways A3 and A5 meet; it is also accessible via motorway A67 (follow airplane signs to the terminals).
With four long runways and an estimated 60 million passengers annually, Frankfurt Airport is secondary hub to Lufthansa and hub to Condor Flugdienst, and is served by a host of national & international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Note that flights are banned between 11pm and 5am.
Passengers arriving at the AIRail Terminal from a long-distance train may use the AIRail check-in area in the connector to Terminal 1. Check-in there is available up to 45 mininutes prior to scheduled departure. You can also get your boarding card at the self-service kiosks near the check-in counters (check with your airline first).
Frankfurt Airport's AIRail Terminal offers 400 daily rail connections,
On-Airport hotels at Frankfurt Airport include:
1. New award-winning Hilton Frankfurt Airport hotel is directly above the InterCity Express (ICE) railway station, and has direct a pedestrian skywalk to Terminal 1. Tel. +49-69-26012000/ fax 26012001
2. Steigenberger Airport Hotel (tel. +49 69 69750); Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers (tel.+49 699 69770); and
3. 4-star InterCity Hotel (tel. +49 696 97099) and
4. Park Inn Frankfurt Airport (tel. +49 6990 02760).
Frankfurt Airport has presently two main passenger terminals - T1 & T2 and the separate Lufthansa First-Class Terminal.
Present & Future Airport Developments: Construction on a new Terminal 3 is scheduled to start in phases in 2015. Once Phase 1 is completed, T3 should accommodate 14M passenger/hr, have two piers /concourses with 24 terminal docking positions, accommodating up to 14M passengers/yr. - to be completed 'no later than 2021'. It is panned that T3 will be linked to T1 & T2, and to the airport train stations by means of epansion of baggage conveyor & Sky Line people mover systems.
Frankfurt am Main, 60547
- Website for Frankfurt: http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +49 (0) 1806 / 372-4636