Frankfurt (FRA) Airport
Frankfurt FRA Airport Overview
Frankfurt Airport FRA - owned & operated by Fraport AG - is a major European hub for Airlines across the globe, the majority of which are Lufthansa & its Star Alliance partners. The Airport has its own long-distance AIRail station and a regional train station right under Terminal 1, connecting travelers to all points within Germany, as well as to Europe. In 2010 Skytrax gave Frankfurt Airport a four-star ranking, and in 2013 it voted it the 'World’s Most Improved Airport' .
The Airport is located within city limits, and only 12 km southwest of Frankfurt's city center, in the Rhine-Main area of Germany, and connected by Autobahn intersection 'Frankfurter Kreuz', where motorways A3 and A5 meet; it is also accessible via motorway A67 (follow airplane signs to the terminals).
With four long runways and an estimated 57.5 million passengers in 2012, Frankfurt Airport is seconday hub to Lufthansa and hub to Condor Flugdienst, and is served by a host of national & international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Transfer passengers at Frankfurt Airport represent the highest European transfer rate, and account for more than half of the Airport's total traffic.
Note that flights are banned between 11pm and 5am.
Passengers arriving at the AIRail Terminal from a long-distance train can check in there up to 45 mininutes prior to scheduled departure (at the counter near the tracks and the walkway to Terminal 1). You can also get your boarding card at the self-service kiosks near the check-in counters (check with your airline first).
On-Airport hotels at Frankfurt Airport include: 5-star hotels Steigenberger Airport Hotel (tel. +49 69 69750) and Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers (tel.+49 699 69770); as well as 4-star hotels InterCity Hotel (tel. +49 696 97099) and Park Inn Frankfurt Airport (tel. +49 6990 02760).
The present passenger terminal complex at Frankfurt Airport includes at present two main passenger terminals - T1 & T2 (with T3 to be built) and the separate Lufthansa First-Class Terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Frankfurt Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental cars at Frankfurt Airport are available at (a) Terminal 1, level 1, Section A & B counters: Avis & Budget, Europcar & National, Sixt; (b) Terminal 2, level 2, Section D Arrivals counters: Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixth, Terstappen (Dollar & Thrifty); Avis & Budget, Enterprise
To get from the Airport to your destination you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus or a train: (For detailed area transportation visit rmv.de.en/# ).
1. The Lufthansa Airport Shuttle buses to City Center (booth 312), Mannheim, Heidelberg & Strassbourg leave Terminal 1 in front of the B Arrivals hall. Tickets can be obtained at a travel agency or from the driver.
2. Hotel Shuttles: Some local hotels run shuttle buses from Terminal 1, Concourse A, Arrivals, and from Terminal 2, D & E Concourses, Arrivals. These bus stops have telephones with direct lines to the hotels.
3. Trains: Info & tickets for local transport are available at RMV Mobility Center located at DB TravelCenter of Terminal 1, Concourse B, Level 0; ticket machines are on the same level. For schedules & fares visit rmv.de.; Ticket machines for long-distance travel on German Rail are in the same area, and at the long-distance train station of the AIRail terminal. EC debit card or credit cards are accepted.
In the basement level of Terminal 1 are two train stations for regional trains and the AIRail Terminal for long-distance trains with train connections throughout Europe. For more train information visit: bahn.de and click on 'connections across Germany'.
Present & Future Airport Developments: 1. Recently the Airport introduced the 'Great To Have You Here!' service program, adding electric-powered express vehicles, children's playgrounds, relaxing zones, and 'Fast Lines' reducing connection times.
2. A new Terminal 3 with Concourses G, H, J & K is planned to be built south of the present terminals at the old Rhein-Main Air Base, with some 75 aircraft positions, and will be connected to the Sky Line shuttle train system. It is tentatively scheduled to open by 2016.
Frankfurt Airport .
Frankfurt, Rhine-Main Region, 60547
- Website for Frankfurt: http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en.html
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +49 1805 372 4636
- View Terminal Map
Frankfurt FRA Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- FRA Baggage Claim
- FRA Banking / ATM Services
- FRA Business Services
- FRA Currency Exchange
- FRA Emergency / Medical Services
- FRA Guest Services
- FRA Internet Access
- FRA Lost & Found
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Frankfurt FRA Airport Update History
- Updated FRA Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated FRA Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated FRA Airlines Served page - May 2, 2013
- Updated FRA Airport Intro page - Apr 16, 2013
- Updated FRA Main Terminals page - Apr 16, 2013
- Updated FRA Terminal Map page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated FRA Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated FRA Official Website Links page - Feb 17, 2013
- Updated FRA Currency Exchange page - Dec 3, 2012
- Updated FRA Lost Found page - Dec 3, 2012
- Updated FRA Banking ATM page - Dec 3, 2012