Milwaukee General Mitchell (MKE) Airport
Milwaukee General Mitchell MKE Airport Overview
MKE Airport is only a few miles south of the central business district of Milwaukee - the home of Miller beer and Harley-Davidson motorcycles. MKE is accessible from the North-South Freeway (I-94 / Route 41) connecting to the north to I-43 & I-894.
ONGOING ROAD CONSTRUCTIONS: Of the 35-mile reconstruction of I-94 - scheduled for completion in 2021 - It is important that prior to leaving for the airport, you check for re-routings and/or closures by visiting this site: plan94.org.
If you are heading to the Airport via I-43/94 from downtown and points north of it, you NOW need to use Howard Avenue and follow the detour to Howell Avenue. Those coming from Milwaukee should use I-794 as alternate route. For more information on the 35-mile reconstruction of I-94 between 2009-2016, visit: www.plan94.org.
With five runways and over 6.8M passengers in 2016, General Mitchell International Airport is served by major airlines offering nonstop flights to all of major Airports around the U.S. & to Toronto, Canada, with connections around the world. Charter flights to Mexico & the Caribbean are also available.
- Delta will start flights to Seattle SEA on March 9, 2017.
- Alaska Airlines will start its June 5 - August 26 nonstop flights to Portland, OR, with daily departures at 7:15am and arrivals at 9:47am; returning at 11:10pm & arriving at 5:02 back at MKE.
- Norwegian Air started its winter charter season in conjunction with Funjet Vacations & Apple Vacations) to Mexico & the Caribbean.
- Frontier started Dec. 7, 2016 its Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat flights to Phoenix. Frontier's Winter flights also include Denver, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Orlando.
- Volaris starts year-round service to Guadalajara, Mexico, staring March 2017.
General Mitchell International has two passenger terminals - the International Arrivals & the Main Terminal.
MKE AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
MKE Delays: 15 mins or less.