OverviewPublic transportation from Geneva Airport:
1. The city is easily reachable by train or by bus via Unireso transportation. Only one single ticket is required to travel by train, tram, bus or boat in the area France-Vaud-Geneva. Arriving passengers can get from a dispenser, located before customs check, an 80-minute free ticket for 'Transports Publics Genevois', valid for buses & Trains to Geneva.
2. The train Station* can be accessed from both Arrivals & check-in levels. Trains run at rush hour every 12 mins, , and all stop at Geneva-Cornavin station in the city center -- a 6-minute ride
* Work started late June 2014 at Gare CFF Geneva Airport until to modernize the station. During construction , all services will be at temporary areas. Upon completion by November 2014. Related services will be integrated with baggage counters.
3. Urban buses stop every 8 to 15 minutes at the Main Terminal's check-in level, in front of or next to the train station:
Bus 5: Aréna/Palexpo - Nations - Cornavin - Rive - Malagnou - Thônex-Vallard
Bus 10: Balexert - Cornavin - Bel-Air - Rive
Bus 23: Blandonnet - Lignon - Aïre - Grand-Lancy - ZIPLO
Bux 28: Parfumerie - Vernier - Blandonnet - Aéroport - Fret - Grand-Saconnex - Nations - Jardin-Botanique
Bus 57: Blandonnet - Hôtpial de la Tour - Meyrin
Bus F: Gex - Cessy - Grand-Saconnex - Nations - Cornavin
Bus Y: Ferney - Grand-Saconnex - Aéroport - Blandonnet - CERN - Thoiry
4. Five new & extra-long buses decorated in colors of main tourist destinations (Geneva, Basel, Bern, Zurich & Fribourg /Vaud) - are now located outside of the Main Terminal.
Geneva Airport Public Transportation