OverviewTo get from Hongqiao Airport: you can take a taxi (T1 pickup at Arrivals Hall exit; T2 pickup at south side of Gate 4 Arrival Hall), take ashuttle bus, a hotel shuttle, a bus, or board the Metro - 15 years in the making, Shanghai's Metro network system is now the longest in the world - with 420 route-kilometers, eleven lines & 282 stations.
1. Shuttle buses: A number of shuttle bus routes serve downtown Shanghai: At Terminal 1 you can catch the Airport Special Line, bus 806, 807, 925 & 938; at Terminal 2 you can catch the Airport Line 1, Shuniu 4, 9, 941, & a night shuttle 316 & 320:
Airport Special Line runs every 15-25 mins to the City Terminal Building (Jing'an Temple)
Airport Line 1 connects to Pudong Airport and runs every 15-25 mins
Bus 806 connects to the Lupu Bridge and runs every 10-15 mins;
Bus 807 connects to Qingjian Xincun and runs every 20 mins;
Bus 925 connects to People's Square and runs every 10 mins
Bus 938 connects to Yangjiadu of Pudong District and runs every 8-15 mins
Bus 941 connects within 75 mins to the Shanghai railway station;
Shuniu 4 connects to Zizhu Science Park and takes 90 mins.
Shuniu 9 connects to Jiading West Subway Station, taking 30-40 mins.
Night bus 316 connects to Shanghai Railway Staton and takes 45 mins;
Night bus 320 connects to Yan'an East Road/ The Bund and takes 45 mins.
1. Long-distance buses to cities like Hangzhou, Sushou, Wuxi & Zhangjiajie stop at the West Transportation Center1
2. Trains: (a) Line 2 of the Metro between the Airport and East Xujing now provides interchange to the high-speed railway station at Hongquiao. (a) The 36 km Line 10 serves both Terminals and interchanges with Line 2 at Terminal 2. Line 10, with 31 stations, runs now from the Airport through the City Center to Jiangwan Town in northest Shanghai. (b) There is also a 26 km 8-station eastern extension of Line 2 from Juanglan Road to Pudong International Airport.
4. A high-speed train, with up to 350 km/hr, can make the 301 km trip the trip between Shanghai Hongquiao and Nanjing in only 70-80 minutes.
5. Rail tracks now connect Shanghai Hongquiao with Beijing south by high-speed rail, taking a mere 4 hours.