Hong Kong (HKG) Airport
Hong Kong HKG Airport Overview
Hong Kong Airport was built on reclaimed land on the island of Chek Lap Kok, off Lantau Island, located in the Zujjiang Kou inlet of the South China Sea, between the cities of Macau and Hong Kong. It is accessible from the main land via North Lantau Highway 8, leading to Airport Road.
With 2 long runways and over 50 million yearly passengers served, HKG International is primary hub for its flag carrier Cathay Pacific, and to Dragonair, Hong Kong Express and Hong Kong Airlines, and is secondary hub for Air New Zealand. HKG is served by a multitude of national & international airlines, offering non-stop flights throughout mainland China, and direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. Air New Zealand, Qantas, United & Virgin Atlantic airlines use Hong Kong Airport as a stopover point for their long-distance flights.
Check-in stations In-town, at Ferry ports and at Land point :
1. Jetstar introduced in-town check-ins at the Hong Kong & Kowloon MTR Airport Express train stations.
2. Airline check-in at PRD & Macao: (a) at ferry ports: Dongguan Humen, Fuyong, Macao Maritime Ferry Terminal, Macao Taipa, Shekou; (b) at land points in Shenzhen: Futian Coach station, Gand Ehatre, Airport & Kingkey Banner Center.
On-Airport luxury hotels:
(a) Regal Airport Hotel (tel. +852 2286 8888 /fax 8686), connected to Terminal 1 via air-conditioned bridge, with extensive meeting and conference facilities and high-quality restaurants & bars.
(b) Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel (+852 3969 1888 /fax 2288), located on the waterfront to the east of the terminals, with extensive meeting facilities and various dining, entertainment and recreational options.
Hong Kong International Airport has two passenger Terminals - T1 & T2 - with North Satellite Concourse.
Future Airport Developments:
1. As part of the Apron Expansion, an additional 28 aircraft parking stands are being built in stages - to be completed in late 2014.
2. The Midfield Development: Phase 1 (started 2011), will include a new 5-level Midfield Concourse with 20 aircraft parking stands, extending the existing automated people mover (APM) to the new concourse, and a cross-runway tunnel linking to the cargo area. - all to be completed by 2015.
1 Cheong Yip Road
Lantau, Hong Kong
- Website for Hong Kong: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/index.html
- Contact: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/contact/index.html
- Phone: +852 2181 8888