re reviews of the new terminal S
anyone had a transit of 4.5 hours at jeddah airport S [more]fr 09/26/2017
I left a Marriott Bag with some baskets from Rwanda o [more]James 06/07/2017
Dropped Wallet and Keys at Domestic Sec
I dropped my Wallet and Keys at Domestic Boarding Sca [more]Chrisiwu 10/23/2011
pasportts loss my son mr abdulqium india
21 /9/2011 my after imgeretion my pass port loss plss [more]pasport 09/23/2011
JED Airport is located 19 km, or a 20-minute drive, north of the City of Jeddah, in western Saudi Arabia and close to the Red Sea, accessible from Jeddah via two motorways - Holy Madinah and Holy City of Makkah.
With three extra-long runways and 30.1million passengers in 2016, King Abdulaziz International Airport is hub to Saudi Arabian Airlines and is served by a great number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
At present, King Abdulaziz International Airport has three passenger terminals - North, South and Hajj Terminals.
To get from King Abdulaziz Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a limousine. Taxi stands are outside of the passenger terminals and their fares are fixed with fees posted inside the cars. Limousines can take you to Jeddah or to Mecca or Medina.
NOTE: The consortium led by Changi Airports International CAI will operate Jeddah Airport for the next 20 years. (By 2020 it is intended to privatize all of Saudi Arabia's airports.)
Present & future Airport Developments: Jedda Airport is being upgraded in three phases:
Phase 1: The passenger terminal will cover an area of 720,000 sq.meters, accommodate 30M passengers, and will have:
- 46 gates for international flights, 94 air bridges (with a distance between check-in & farthest gates of one kilometer - to be covered by the automated people mover train);
- a Ground Transportation Center & the Haramain Airport railway station near the terminal entrance and an automated people mover station.
- Phase 1 also covers Main Rescue & Fire Fighting Building, Data Center, & Onsite Airport Mosque, & the Haramain Railway Station inside the terminal.
Phase 1 is currently nearly completed - thereafter a testing stage commences and tentative official openening is expected by late summer 2017, when it will have reached a capacity of 30M passengers a year.
Phase 2 will proceed some time thereafter - aiming to reach a 43M capacity) - to be completed by 2025
- A multi-level parking garage will be right in front of the passenger terminal and offer short- & long-term parking.
- A new four-star hotel with 120 rooms is intended for transit passengers.
Phase Phase 3 is to reach an 80M capacity - to be completed by 2035- whereupon the length of the integrated passenger terminal from check-in to end gates is to be one kilometer - served by automated people mover trains.