Meeting a friend
A friend and I are both flying into LGA- she on Delta [more]MG 7 hr ago
terminal D to C
How do i get to Terminal c from Terminal D? Do i have [more]Patrielle 8 hr ago
Terminal B and D
Hi! I would appreciated any expert advice. I land a [more]Zanz Yesterday
Getting from a to d
We have very tight connections this morning - best wa [more]Sad 10/20/2017
While LaGuardia Airport has long been considered as one of the worst U.S. Airports, it may be noted that serious steps have now been taken to remedy this situation - see 'Future Airport Developments' below.
LGA Airport is only eight miles from midtown Manhattan, accessible directly from Grand Central Parkway (the extension of I-278). Located in the Borough of Queens, City of New York, it borders on the areas of Astoria, Jackson Heights & East Elmhurst.
With 29.8M passengers in 2016, LaGuardia Airport is served by many airlines offering nonstop daily flights to numerous destinations in the U.S. and Canada, as well as by seasonal flights to Aruba, the Bahamas and Bermuda (as these destinations offer US Border preclearance on return flights).
- JetBlue now offers six daily weekday flights to Boston BOS, with two Saturday and three on Sunday roundtrips. Envoy Air will reopen its LaGuardia base in early 2017.
La Guardia Airport has four passenger terminals: TA through TD. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Future Delta Terminal update:
- The western half of ongoing construction includes roadways. By 2018 the first new gates are to be completed by 2018 - with total completion scheduled for 2021.
- The eastern half of construction: The Port Authority signed a new long-term lease with Delta; therafter groundbreaking took place August 9, 2017 for Delta's $3.4 billion new facility, which is to include new concourses and ramps, new electrical substation, expansion of East Garage and temporary parking during construction, and new roadway and more supporting infrastructure.
Current Airlines, their telephone number, and Terminal & Concourses:
- Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262; at TB, Conc. A
- American, tel. 800-433-7300; at TB, Conc. C & D; and at TC
- American Shuttle; tel. 800-433-7300; at TC
- Delta Air Lines; tel. 800-221-1212; at TA, TC, TD
- Delta Connection; tel. 800-325-5205; at TC
- Delta Shuttle Boston; tel. 800-325-5205; at TC
- Delta Shuttle to Chicago & Washington; tel. 800-325-5205; at TA
- Envoy; tel. 800-433-7300; at TB, Conc. C
- Frontier; tel. 801-401-9000; at TB, Conc. C
- JetBlue; tel. 800-538-2583 (from Dominican Rep. 1-200-9898); at TB, Conc. A
- Southwest; tel. 800-435-9792; at TB, Conc. B
- Spirit; tel. 801-401-2222; at TB, Conc. B
- United; tel. 800-241-6522; at TB, Conc. A & C
- Virgin America; tel. 877-359-8474; at TB, Conc. C
- WestJet; tel. 888-837-8538; at TD
- As the Airport is under construction it is highly recommended that passengers arrive at the Airport two hours prior to scheduled flight departure - allowing time for check-in, getting boarding pass, and going through security check (including screening of carry-on bags).
- The Port Authority is taking measures to alleviate recent traffic problems by adding a new lane in front of the airport. It also considers a direct right turn at 94th Street and eliminating the loop installed early August. PA created a coordination center monitoring traffic flow.
- New pick-up location for Uber and other 'For Fire' drivers are no longer in front of the terminal - insted a shuttle bus will take passeners to a centralized spot - thereby reducing airport traffic.
Future Airport developments: New Airport operator 'LaGuardia Gateway Partners' will finance, design, construct, operate and maintain the Airport's Terminal B facility. The US$4B project is to unify the terminal structure by demolishing the existing Terminal B and replacing it with a larger structure (with more natural light and two pedestrian bridges to cut down on gate delays), and a new Central Hall - later to be joined with Delta's terminals C & D (to be redeveloped and linked to new arrivals & departures halls) - resulting in the elimination of current gate delays and airplane congestion.
- Work started June 2016 and is tentatively to be completed by second half of 2018. (Note that passenger parking will now require shuttle buses, as parking facilities are being moved further away).
- Work has commenced on a new Delta terminal with 4 concourses and 37 gates (33 with access to dual taxi lanes), is to replace current terminals C & D. The new Delta terminal is to house a centralized check-in lobby, security checkpoint, and baggage claim. The terminal is to house a larger Delta Sky Club lounge with a Sky Deck, wider concourses, larger gate holdrooms, more seating and concessions space and will offer direct access to parking garage, have improved roadways, drop-off/pick-up areas, and a curbside check-in bypass connecting directly to security checkpoint. Flexibly-siezed gates will accommodate all types of aircraft. The 4 concourses are to be connected by a central check-in lobby, to security checkpoint and baggage claim area.
- Reconstruction work of the former TWA Flight Center - turning it into a 505-room hotel - is ongoing. There will be 30 percent additional concession space and a new Delte Sky Club with Sky Deck.
- Once the entire project is completed by 2022, the unified terminal is to be 600 feet closer to Grand Central Pkwy, have 240 percent more space for runways & flight operations, and offer three times a many security gates and pedestrian bridges to gates.
Flushing, NY 11369
Phone: (718) 533 3400