Leeds Bradford (LBA) Airport
Leeds Bradford LBA Airport Overview
Leeds Bradford International Airport LBA serves England's city of Leeds and is Yorkshire's largest airport. Bridgepoint Capital is its sole owner and operator.
The Airport is located at Yeadon, within the metropolitan district of Leeds, in West Yorkshire, and northwest of Leeds City, accessible via a new road link connecting to motorway 65, and then to A658.
With one runway and an estimated 3 million passengers in 2012, Leeds Bradford International is served mainly by low-cost airlines Ryanair & Jet2.com, and a few regular international airlines, offering direct flights throughout Europe with connections worldwide, and by charter companies Thomas Cook and Thomson Air offering seasonal vacation destinations.
It is recommended that you check in for domestic flights 90 minutes prior to sheduled depature, for European flights 2 hours before, and for international flights three hours before.
The 'new' passenger terminal has officially opened December 2012, after a one-year overhaul and expansion project. It now can accommodate up to 4.4 million passengers a year. The 'new' terminal has now 65 percent more airside space over two levels (an added 2,500 sqm of space) , with a larger departure lounge, new food & drink establishments, a major walk-through tax & duty-free store, and added retail concessions. The security check area is now also much larger. The boarding gate zones were extended and a covered walkway now leads from the terminal to a number of aircraft stands.
The ground level houses both domestic and international arrivals (to the right as you enter, as well as a new check-in hall
The first level houses a large departure lounge with a glass roof, and leads to the airline gates.
The Servisair business lounge in the departure hall is open 5am-8pm and charges 16 Pounds for each 3 hours. There is also a business card vending machine available.
The Yorkshire Premier Lounge - which has now been extended with a choice of separate business or leisure zones - is available to all passengers at a reasonable fee; groups of more than six persons should call 0844 414 3266 or premier@Ibia.co.uk.
Parking options at Leeds Bradford International include: For pickup/dropoff of pasengers use the dedicated spots opposite the terminal.
1. Short-stay parking is a 2-3 min walk to the terminal. The Business Car Park is even closer (1-2 minute walk to terminal).
2. Mid-stay parking, a 2-3 minute walk to the terminal, is only available via prebooking.
2. Long-stay parking, a 3-4 minute shuttle bus ride (every 15-20 minutes).
Parking payment is due upon your return by presenting your parking ticket either in the terminal or at the carpark barrier. Payments exceeding 100 pounds must be made at theTravelex desk inside the terminal.
Rental car desks are located at international arrivals of the terminal.
To get from Leeds Bradford International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a minibus. You can contact Leeds Airport Taxis, tel. 0845 890 2436, or Streamline, tel. 0844 819 8609.
The new 737 Airport Bus Link from Harrogate to Bradford, via Leeds Bradford Airport operates hourly, seven days a week. .
Future Airport Developments: Hotel & office space will soon be completed; while a railway station is to be added from a spur near Horsforth. New car parking facilities are also part of the expansion plan. Tentative completion is anticipated for 2015.
Leeds Bradford LBA Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Leeds Bradford LBA Airport Update History
- Updated LBA Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated LBA Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated LBA Direct Flights page - Mar 25, 2013
- Updated LBA Food & Stores page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated LBA Parking On site page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated LBA Main Terminals page - Feb 1, 2013