Lihue LIH Airport Overview
Lihue Airport LIH serves the island of Kauai, which is the farthest island to the west of the Hawaiian chain, and is gateway to the island's great beaches, Waimea Canyon, and awesome screnery. Lihue Airport provides passenger and aircraft facilities for domestic & overseas carriers, inter-island carriers, commuter/air taxi, air cargo, and general aviation activities.
The small Airport is within walking distance (1.5 miles) east of the city of Lihue, on Kauai's southeast coast, and can be accessed via Ahukini Road 570, which extends from Kapule Hwy. 51..
With two runways, and approaching 3 million passengers a year, Lihue Airport is served by major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
The passenger terminal at Lihue Airport is accessed by a one-way loop roadway branching off Ahukini Road and encircling a public parking lot.
Present and future Airport developments: Presently the security system is being upgraded. In the future, a Concolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC) is to be built. For developments regarding the Kaua'i Multimodal Land Transportation Plan, visit (http://) movekauai.net.
3901 Mokulele Loop 6
Lihue, HI 96766
- Website for Lihue: http://hawaii.gov/lih/
- Phone: 808274-3800
Lihue LIH Airport Update History
- LIH Airports - Oct 24, 2013
- LIH Food & Stores - Oct 15, 2013
- LIH Airport Intro - Oct 13, 2013
- LIH Main Terminals - Oct 13, 2013
- LIH Buses & Trains - Oct 5, 2013
- LIH Rental Cars - Oct 5, 2013
- LIH Lost Found - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Baggage Claim - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Official Website Links - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Persons With Disabilities - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Pets - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Security - Sep 8, 2013
- LIH Parking On site - Jul 25, 2013