Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure of the LIH airport consists of one main terminal which is a two-story building. Outside there is public parking and two employee parking areas.
The main terminal houses all the facilities of the airport as well as the terminal gates.
The ticketing/check-in lobbies are located in the center of the ground level, which is split into two lobbies A and B on the right and left respectively.
Lobby A has ticket counters for Delta, Alaska, United, and Westjet, starting from the left and moving to the right.
Lobby B has ticket counters for Hawaiian and American airlines.
Near the security checkpoint, is a Lost/Found and mailbox, public telephones, ATMs, and an AED.
The baggage claim area is also split into two parts, with Baggage Claim A located on the far right of the ground level and Baggage Claim B located on the far left of the level. The two ticketings/check-in lobbies are situated between baggage claim A and B.
Baggage Claim A has three baggage claim carousels - one each for Delta, United, and Alaska airlines. Services included in this area are visitor information offices, public telephones, restrooms, and AEDs.
Baggage Claim B has also has three baggage claim carousels - one each for Hawaiian and American airlines. Services included in this area are visitor information offices, ATMs, public telephones, restrooms, and AEDs.
Three security checkpoints leading up to the terminal gate areas: Gates 3-6 are on the far left while Gates 7-10 are on the far right.
West gates 3-6 are served by Hawaiian & American airlines house the Hawaiian Premier Club and HMS Food kiosk.
East gates 7-10 are served by Delta, Alaska, United, and WestJet house public telephones and Smarte Cartes.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around LIH airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Lihue Airport News Stand and Tiare Enterprise Flower Shop in the ticketing lobby and HMS food kiosks in the West gate area (Gates 3-6).
The security checkpoints at LIH airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the terminal gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Kauai Lihue Airport Security Wait Times Page.
There is a Hawaiian Premier Club in the West gate area (Gates 3-6). This is open to all passengers of the Hawaiian airline and offers a range of services including Free WiFi. Its operating hours are 5 AM - 10 PM.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline quarantine rules for Hawaii
- Use the pet relief areas if required. These are located inside outside the terminal area
- There is a grassy area outside near the large trees, on the south side of baggage claim A. A second SARA is located in the Sterile area, located across from Gates 7 and 8.
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies