Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
London Stansted Airport ( STN ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
Arrival Time & check-in at Stansted Airport: Before leaving for the Airport, recheck (online or by phone) the departure time of your flight by contacting your airline. You should be arriving at the check-in counter prior to your scheduled departure (rechecking the screens upon your arrival) for:
- 3 hrs: long-haul flights 3 hrs (El Al: 3.5 hrs); and all charter flights;
- 2 hrs: Europe, UK & Ireland;
- 1 hr (at least!) on-line check-in;
Self-service kiosks for Air Berlin are at check-in Zone A; for Ryanair at check-in Zones F & J.
A new hi-tech boarding pass system ('Smart Access' scanners) replaced manual boarding pass checks.
TERMINAL DETAILS: (For Customer Service & Feedback call 0330 333 03 04). The new curved-screen 39ft NanoLumens visualization system offers flight info & Airport updates, along with advertisement.
London Stansted International Airport has presently one large passenger terminal, divided into Check-in & Domestic Arrivals with new 'Meet & Greet' area, International Arrivals & Departures, and the Departure Lounge.
- The Terminal completed its huge transformation project, showing significant improvements, including: A new security search area, additional lanes, and dedicated channels for fast-track, families, and special need passengers. A new World Duty Free area leads to the new International Departure Lounge. There is a new Escape Lounge (below the main departures area), while new food & drink brands were added. New shopping areas with 16 new retail shops opened.
- In order to upgrade passenger service and security - MAG (the airport operator) implemented a number of new projects, which include security search area changes, 500 more seats at main departure lounge, new 'Meet & Geet' waiting areas & short-term parking spaces.
- The introduction of central imaging processing (CIP) involves relocation of hand baggage x-ray review process to a central location. (13 of the current 22 security lanes will have CIP technology (some of which have been completed) - while the redesigned entrance to the security search area is to be completed late Fall 2016.
- Ryanair has a new pay-as-you-visit business lounge.
The Ground level - Check-in & Domestic Arrivals area has (from left to right) Check-in Zones A through K (marked by yellow cubes), an BT Openzone area, Left luggage/ Lost & Found; Foreign Exchange (Moneycorp), outsized baggage, repacking area, special assistance desk, our operators, cash machine, domestic arrivals, food & drink establishments, shops, and Fast Track & Security checks 2 to 8 leading to the departure lounge and gates 1 through 99.
The International Arrivals area has 7 baggage carousels, one of which is for oversized baggage, and a baggage enquiry desk. It also has Customs, passport control & a shower. In the International arrivals concourse are rental car desks, currency exchange, Information desk, Burger King & Costa Coffee, duty-free, Spar & WHSmith. Outside is an escalator from the car park & train station. From the exit you have access to the car park, bus & train stations.
The Departure lounge area has a large choice of shops and some food & drink establishments. It also offers an Airline information desk, BT Openzone area, Moneycorp exchange, TV area, cash machine, a shower, security checkpoints and access to gates 81-90 via pier, to gates 1-19 & 20-39 via transit; and, past ‘Pret A Manger’, the departures route to gates 40-59. The new International Departure Lounge is accessible via the nw World Duty-free area.. The new Escape Lounge is located below the main departures area. .
Domestic & International Connections:
If you arrive on an international flight, you will need the proper documents for British entry, as you have to pass through passport control & Immigration, regardless of whether your connecting flight is a domestic or an international one.
If you connect from a UK flight to an international flight, you may have to show our passport when passing through special immigration control.
If you stop over between connecting flights, you will have to exit the airport after passport control, baggage reclaim & Customs, and then check in timely for your onward flight. Keep in mind that Stansted Airport does not allow overnight stays and you will have to make arrangements for a hotel stay.