OverviewPublic Transporation from McArhur Airport: The first three options below serve the Airport directly.
1. 7BUS is a private coach connecting New York City with Long Island (tel: 63-725-7777 or open: 7bus.com)
2. Suffolk County Bus (631-853-5200) - its S57 route connects the Airport with Sayville and the Smith Haven Mall located in Lake Grove (631-853-5200).
3. Hampton Jitney Bus (call 631-283-4600 or f NYC: 212-362-8400 - or visit: http://reservations.hamptonjitney.com/Airports/Details.asp ) is only available via online booking & prepayment - and requires a taxi transfer from the Airport.
4. Greyhound Bus Terminal (631-229-9424 is not far from the Airport.
5. Cross Sound Ferry (631-473-0286), or the Port Jefferson/Bridgeport ferry (631-473-0286);
6. Long Island Railroad (631-231-LIRR): Take the Colonial Transportation shuttle from MacArthur Airport to the nearby (1.5 miles) Ronkonkoma LIRR train station, which goes all the way into Manhattan's Penn Station. NOTE: weekday service 5-7pm is rush hour - or westbound trains on the Ronkonkoma branch run at this time and passengers may want to take the Colonial Taxi (631-589-7878) to Sayville Station. Do not purchase package ticket for this time.
Long Island MacArthur Airport Public Transportation