Long Island MacArthur Airport is a public airport in Ronkonkoma that serves Long Island. This general aviation airport is located 43 nautical miles (80 km; 50 mi) east of Manhattan. It has three runways and two helipads.
ISP Airport is owned and operated by the Town of Islip. It covers an area of 1,311 acres (531 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- The FAA designated ISP an Official Metro Airport in early 2011, meaning it is now grouped with LaGuardia, JFK and Newark in travel and informational searches for New York airports, providing better exposure.
- In 2019 the airport served more than 1.3 million airline passengers. In 2019 it had over 120,000 aircraft operations, an average of 340 per day; 84% general aviation; 7% scheduled airline; 6% air taxi and 2% military.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The American Airlines ticket counter is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Frontier Airlines flight's ticket desk opens two hours before the first departure. The Southwest ticket counter is open from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. on Sunday.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure. They must come 120 minutes before the flight departure if it is an international trip.
- Please take a look at the ISP Airport Map before visiting the airport for a flight.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- If you're picking up a passenger at the airport, the free Cell Phone Waiting Area in 'Resident Lot 6B' may be useful (exit circle road, at right unto 10th Street).
- As per federal regulations, stay in your car until your party has gathered their belongings and has called you to be picked up at the Terminal's curb.
- For arriving flights: The Flight Numbers and Arrival Times are provided by each airline. Please contact your airline concerning any information or discrepancies. For airline contact information, visit the Airlines Information Page.
- The Flight Numbers and Departure Times are provided by each airline. Please contact your airline concerning any information or discrepancies. For airline contact information, visit the Airlines Information Page.
- To get the best fares book a flight at ISP Airport here.
Long Island MacArthur Airport has a main terminal with 9 gates on one concourse.
For more information, please refer to the ISP Terminal Map here.
The various airlines served at Long Island MacArthur Airport include Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines and many more
View the full list of airlines served at ISP here.
Parking at the airport is easy and economical. We offer well-lit spaces throughout, security by airport police and handicap accessibility.
For more information, call Terminal Parking at 806-775-3802.
Short-Term parking/Hourly Parking
Short term uncovered parking is conveniently located across from the passenger terminal. You can pay with cash or credit.
Daily maximum of $25.
Long-term parking/Daily Parking
Long term uncovered parking is conveniently located behind the Short-term lot (exit Arrival Avenue at left).
Daily maximum is $15.50
Starting at 4:30 a.m., a free shuttle service to/from the passenger terminal (exit Arrival Avenue on the right) runs every 15-30 minutes until one hour after the final flight landing.
Daily maximum is $14.
Many places around the Long Island MacArthur Airport can be found if you need to get to adjacent hotels or local convention centres. Long Island MacArthur Airport delivers the sound and the joyous feeling of a whole oasis under one roof, whether it's a glass of local wine or the very attentive personnel.
The rental car agencies are A-car, Dollar Rent-a-car, Budget rent-a-car, Avis, and Enterprise. They provide these services at the Islip Airport MacArthur, which is located outside of the baggage claim area.
Taxis at ISP Airport have to be booked before arrival.
Buses & Trains
Info on buses and trains serving ISP airport can be found here.
Amenities & Services
To help you have an amazing stay, Long Island MacArthur Airport provides visitors with different amenities and upgraded services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars in and near the airport.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- ATM of various banks and outlets for charging electronic devices.
- Near to Manhattan and the Hamptons.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: 100 Arrival Avenue, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, U.S.
Phone: 631-467-3300 / fax 3348
MacArthur Islip Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In April 1942, the Town of Islip contracted with the federal government to build an airfield on town-owned land for military use. Within months the Civil Aeronautics Administration – the predecessor to today's Federal Aviation Administration – funded the construction of three paved runways.
- Originally named Islip Airport, at the suggestion of Charles H. Duryea, a local elected official, the airport was renamed MacArthur Airport after General Douglas MacArthur, whose dramatic escape from the Philippines had captured the attention of the world.
- In 1944, Lockheed Aircraft Corporation built the first hangar at the airport. Five years later the Town built the airport's first terminal building preparing for airline flights. Through the 1950s the Sperry Corporation conducted aerospace research at the airport.
- Allegheny Airlines, which flew to Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., was the first scheduled passenger carrier to land in Islip in 1960.
- The Official Airline Guide (OAG) shows the following passenger jets to Long Island MacArthur nonstop from the following at various times from the late 1960s to the late 1990s.