OverviewPublic Transportation from Louis Armstrong Airport:
- For shuttle service call 1-866-596-2699 or 504-522-3500 or visit airportshuttleneworleans.com (for ADA-accessible transfers make advance reservations).
- For Airport Limo Service, go to the kiosks inside the terminal, near the baggge claim area, with curbside pickups. (visit: airportlimousineneworleans.com/index.html)
- For door-to-door shuttle service to Baton Rouge, contact Tiger Airport Shuttle (tel. 225-333-8167 or visit tigerairportshuttle.com
Public transportation from the Airport to downtown is served by both the Jefferson Transit Authority (JET) and the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) offering nine daily departures to downtown New Orleans. Both use the same bus stop (on the outer lanes of level 2, outside of the Concourse C Lobby's Information Booth:
- Airport-Downtown Express Bus E2 operated by JET costs $2. (fare boxes accept $1, $5, $10, $20 dollar bills and all U.S. coins). Bus E2 run to/from the Airport (located in Kenner), down on Airline Drive into New Orleans, taking around 50 minutes. For more information open www.jeffersontransit.org.
- Airport Express Bus 202 operated by RTA to/from New Orleans costs $1.50 offers service to and from the Airport into New Orleans. Pick up locations in New Orleans can be found at Elk Place at Cleveland and the Union Passenger Terminal Bus Bay 2 with transport to the Departures Level at the Airport Terminal and select trips to the North Terminal Construction site. For bus schedule information, pick up locations, and route information, open: http://www.norta.com/getattachment/Maps-Schedules/April-2016-Transit-Service-Enhancements/route_202.pdf.aspx.
- Greyhound Bus (1-800-231-2222 or 525-9371 or visit www.greyhound.com) is located in the Downtown Bus Station at 1001 Loyola Ave.
Amtrak Train at Union Station at 1001 Loyola Ave, reached by taxis, limos or bus (visit: www.amtrak.com).