Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
San Jose Mineta Airport ( SJC ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
- Ruckus offers its popular 'Wickedly Fast Wi-Fi' service at Mineta Airport.
- Global Entry enrolled passengers may now use the new automated Global Entry kiosks - considerably cutting down on processing time.
- APC kiosks (Automated Passport Control) are available to Canadian & U.S. citizens and green-card holders, as well as to passengers of countries with visa-waiver agreements.
- The Mobile Passport Control (MPC) app is now available to eligible arriving passengers: submit passfort information and customs declaration form to CBPby smartphone or tablet app prior to arrival at the airport. Android & iPhone users may download the app for free from Google Play Store & Apple App Store.
- International arrivals will arrive at either gates 15 or 16 of Terminal A - then proceed to level 1, International Arrivals, where they need to go through passport check, pick up bags, go through customs clearance and (if continuing journey) re-check in their bags.
- The International Arrivals Building is undergoing phased renovation, adding 5,600 sq.feet of space, , a second baggage carousel and enclosing the waiting area ina climate-controlled and welcoming environment, with comfortable seating, rstrooms and snack area - all to be completed by Spring 2017.
- Robotic Customer Service: Norma, Amelia & Piper - the new robot customer service agents - have now been deployed - stationed on geofence matts, at three gates, ready to assist passengers. They are able to offer shops & dining information via 32-inch tablet screens, with terminal map and directory in 6 languages. They also can dance, play music, and take photos (sent to passengers e-mail) or onscreen.
Terminal A of Mineta San Jose Airport has been given an upgrade by expanding the security checkpoint to 8 lanes (and 4 more to come), and adding new shops and restaurants, and new street-level ticketing lobbies. Sip Savvy, Einstein Bagels & Red Mango are now centrally located. Terminal A is currently served by Air Canada, Air China, ANA, American, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, United & Volaris. International flights arrive at the International Arrivals Building.
Level 1 at west end houses international arrivals, the baggage claim area with 3 baggage carousels, an information both near the entrance, ATM, currency exchange, parking pay station, FedEx, hotel information points, & Starbucks, international arrivals from gates 15 & 16 with US Customs and ticket counters:
Ticket counters 1-4 are for American/ American Eagle, ANA* & United - passengers proceed to gate area at left.
Ticket counters 5-8 are for Delta, Hawaiian, Jet Blue & Volaris* airlines - passengers proceed to gate area at right.
*Air China, ANA & Volaris arrive at International Arrivals (gates 15, 16).
Level 2 houses the security checkpoint and access to the boarding area with food & drink and retail outlets and access to airline gates - from the center of the secured area, gates 12-16 are to the left and gates 11-1 are to the right. Duty-free is now available between gates 14 & 15.
The Blue Dot Meeter & Greeter area is in the security checkpoint lobby of level two.
Between Terminals A & B:
'The Club at SJC' (tel. 408-441-4550) - is (a) free to Priority Pass & Premium class ticket holders, and is (b) accessible to all passengers at a fee. It is located between Terminals A & B and offers many amenities, including a shower facility. (Note that The Club at SJC was voted among 700 airport lounges as having the 'Best Staff'.)
The USO facility is at street level of Airport Blvd, between Terminals A & B (tel. 408-288/7603; /fax 7621), not accessible from inside the terminals.
Terminal B of Mineta San Jose Airport: The new & spectacular Terminal B displays a futuristic design, offers plenty of daylight, art, shared-use ticket counters & gates, and chairs with power cords & USB ports on their armrests for charging laptops & handhelds. Terminal B is currently served by Alaska, British Airways, Hainan, Lufthansa & Southwest airlines. International flights arrive at the International Arrivals Building.
Level 1 houses the baggage claim and ticket counters 1 - 3 for Southwest, Hainan & Alaska. The USO facility is to the right.
Level 2 houses the security checkpoint leading to the gate areas.
The North Concourse houses gates 17 to 28. New glass-enclosed Gates 17/18 enable arriving international passengers to proceed directly via new sterile corridor to the International Arrivals Building; gates 17/18 are now 'swing gates' able to accommodate various-size aircraft. Opposite of gates 17/18 is the new 'Power Suite' - a 2,500 sq.ft. hold room seating 150 passengers, with 'wickedly fast Wi-Fi' & work stations with built-in power outlets. The North Concourse also offers plenty of food & drink and retail concessions.
(A South Concourse is to be built once traffic levels justify it).