OverviewPublic Transportation from MSP Airport: The Ground Transportation booth on Level T of the Lindberth Terminal 1 is staffed daily 6am-midnight. Outside of Level T are Shuttles, scheduled vans, taxis & limos are available at Lindbergh Terminal 1's level T - open daily 6am-midnight. Two Skyways lead from ticketing mezzanine across to the Ground Transportation Atrium (or take elevators/ escalators up from level T).
The Ground Transportation booth handles rental cars, city & scheduled buses and leads down to light rail transit. To get to the Transit Center, exit security from the concourse connector & proceed down elevators/ escalators to Ground Transit Center.
The fully-accessible light rail transit system LRT (free between terminals) runs every 10-15 mins, making stops at both terminals and also connecting to the Mall of America (taking 12 mins) , as well as to downtown Minneapolis' warehouse district (25 mins). For more information visit the Metro Transit site at: www.metrotransit.org/light-rail.
- Access from Lindbergh T1: (a) from Ticketing, Baggage Claim take escalator/ elevator down to level T; board underground tram to Transit Center; follow signs to Light Rail Transit Station.
From Concourses G & F, exit security from concourse connector, take escalator /elevator down to light rail station;
From Concourses A through E, exit security from concourse connetor; take escalator/ elevator down to light rail station;
- Access from Humphrey T2: The light reail staton is on the north side of Orange parking ramp. From Level 1 of T2, near Ticketing, take elevator/ ecalator up to Orange Ramp skyway; follow signs to LRT station; take escalator/ elevator down one level to station platform.
Metro Transit scheduled bus service to the Twin Cities metropolitan area, as well as Jefferson Lines (see below) are both available at the Lindbergh Terminal's Transit Center. You can reach the Transit Center from the Red and Blue parking ramps or by taking the Hub Tram from the Lindbergh Terminal's Tram Level.
- City bus 54 (green) is outside of T1's Transit Center, on level 1 of blue & red parking ramps. From the Lindbergh Terminal, passengers can access the Transit Center via the tram on the Tram Level or via the Skyway Connector between concourses C and G. Passengers arriving at the Humphrey Terminal must take light rail transit to the Lindbergh Terminal to access city buses. For more information call 612-373-3333 or visit: www.222.metrotransit.org.
- Buses within Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota & South Dakota are part of the Jefferson Lines /Greyhound Bus Service. (visit jeffersonlines.com).
- Jefferson Lines - Greyhound Bus Service: Jefferson Lines offers scheduled bus service within & outside of Minnesota. Tickets can be obtained at the 'GO Rochester Direct' counter, or online at: www.jeffersonlines.com. Buses make pickup/ dropoffs at Lindbergh's Transit Center.