Time to pass through international Arrivals
Recent bloggs have described horrendous delays passin [more]JC 08/15/2017
SW to Dollar
How do I get from a SW arrival flight in terminal A t [more]drb 08/15/2017
Connection Time with SW
I'm traveling to Pittsburgh from San Juan in October [more]LM 08/10/2017
Cell phone parking lot
Location of cell phone parkingLynn J Stote 08/04/2017
MCO Airport is about nine miles southeast of dowtown Orlando (central Florida), located at the junction of SR 436 (Semoran Blvd.) and SR 528 (the Bee Line/Beach Line Expressway), and is accessible by Interstate Hwy 4.
In Dec. 2016 J.D. Power declared Orlando International as number 4 among North American large airports - in terms of terminal facilities, airport accessibility, security checkpoints, baggage claims, check-in and food, beverage & retail.
With four long runways and 41.9 million passengers in 2016, Orlando International Airport is hub to AirTran Airways and is served by countless domestic and international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
2017 Airline seasonal services in 2017:
- Aer Lingus - 3/14 - 10/23/17: to Dublin Ireland: up to 4 weekly flights
- Air Transat - 3/5 - 5/2/17: to Halifax, Nova Scotia: two weekly flights
- Alaska - from 3/16/17 onwards : 7 weekly flights and new destinations.
- Delta - 3/11 - 9/1/17: to Washington DCA, 1 weekly flight
- Haitian Airline Sunrise Airways starts flights to/from Orlando Airport in October 2017.
- Southwest - 3/11 - 4/22/17: Portland, Maine, 1 weekly flight; 3/11-4/23/17: to Dayton, OH, 2 weekly flights. 3/11-4/22/17: to Minneapolis, MN, 1 weekly flight;
- Thomas Cook - 3/24-11/5/17: to London Gatwick; and 3/23-1/6/18 to Manchester, England, 8 weekly flights
- Virgin Atlantic announced seasonal 2018 service from/to Belfast, Northern Ireland between March & September.
- JetBjue offers flight to Cuba's Havana HAV Airport.
- Frontier offers flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Silver is a TSA Precheck participant - passengers using it three times a year or more, may want to take advantage of this (eliminates removal of shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jacket ).
- CLEAR lanes is now available to members, getting you through security quickly.
- MPCs (Mobil Passport Control) self-service kiosk technology at MCO speed up the international arrivals process.
- SITA's Queue Analyzer provides real-time view of TSA east & west checkpoints' waiting time - via display screens, website & mobile applications.
- Frontier, a low-cost airline serving Orlando Airport with nonstop flights to major US airports, is adding service to 42 smaller US airports.
- The new APM Train: In November 2016 six train cars (with a capacity of 44 passengers each) were hoisted onto the 14-mile guideway running between the North & South Terminal Complex (currently currently under construction). After testing, the South Airport Automated People Mover (APM) system is to become operational by Summer 2017.
- USA Today named 'Cask & Larder' one of the best airport dining spots in North America.
The on-Airport 443-room Hyatt Regency Hotel with 446 rooms (tel. 407-825-1234) is on top the Main Terminal, offering covention & meeting rooms, AAA-rated restaurant.
Present and future Airport developments: The $1.8B South Terminal Project (STP)'s Phase 1 construction started April 2017, with associated apron or taxiway, covering 300 acres, including land- & airside buildings, airfield, ground transport & a centralized 6-level garage & utility works. STP is to become operational by 2019, while the entire project, covering a 2.7M sq.foot area, will be spread over a 25-year period.
- Ongoing Phase I construction on a new airside world-class domestic & international terminal is to be tentatively completed by 2020 - increasing Airport passengers capacity by 10M annually. The new terminal is to cover 2.7M sq.feet, have 16 gates for narrow, jumbo & super jumbo aircraft, and will be equipped with a baggage handling tote system and a six-level parking garage with 5,000 spaces.
- Phase II is to add 11 intermodal gates, increasing international processing to 3,000 per hour.
- Once fully completed, the South Terminal will have twice the size of the North Terminal, acommodating over 40M passengers a year, and bring up total Airport capacity to 70M.
Note: By 2017/18 The 'All Aboard Florida' train service between Miami & West Palm Beach is to be completed, whereupon the final stretch to Orlando will begin. The Orlando station will be part of the Intermodal Transport Center, adjacent to Orlando International Airport.
- By 2018 - a new 13.8 mile elevated Maglev rail system is to be in place between Orlando Airport & Orlando city, with stops at Florida Mall, Orange County Convention Center, & possibly SunRail station. The 15-minute journey to the Convention Center would cost $20.
Orlando, FL 32827
Phone: (407) 825 2001