Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport CDG - one of two major Paris Airports (the other being Orly) is not only France's largest, but also one of the world's busiest airports. All of the three Paris airports are managed by the ADP Group.
CDG Aiport is located within portions of several communities, near the town of Roissy - 25 km northeast of Paris - and accessible from motorway A1 via Porte de la Chapelle, or Autoroute du Nord (Exit 19).
With four long runways and nearly 62 million passengers per annum, the Airport is hub to Air France, Delta and EasyJet, and is served by a myriad of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
De Gaulle Airport contact information: By landline within mainland France dial 3950; from abroad call +33 1 70 36 3950.
24/7 contacts: Medical Center +33 1 48 62 2800), Police (+33 1 48 62 3122), and Customs (+33 1 48 62 6285)
- Due to weather- or strike-related flight cancelations, it is important that passengers contact their airlines before departing to the Airport!
- European citizens traveling to France will again need to have either an identity card valid for foreign travel or a valid passport.
- Multimedia spaces with iPads are available at boarding areas of Satellites 3 & 4 of Terminal 1 and in Terminal 2G.
- Visitors, exhibitors & conference attendees will now be able to access the 'Welcome Pack' - a full-service, multi-channnel offer of welcome facilities, shuttle transfers & other services - combining the offers of Viparis, a leader in conference & trade events; by the Paris Region Tourist Board, and the Airport operator.
- Currently, Five on-Airport hotels are located between T-3 and the T-2 complex: CitizenM, Ibis, Hilton, Novotel & Sheraton:
'Gare TGV' shuttle buses, in front of the Sheraton Hotel connect to parking lots PX, PR and P1. "RER B' behind the Sheraton Hotel connects to the Charles-de-Gaulle 2 - TGV stations; both are located between T-2D/2C and T-2F/2E .
- A 3-star Holiday Inn Express hotel is under construction with 305 rooms, dining area, bar & parking spaces is to be completed by 2018.
- A new Hotel Zone at Roissypole (in the 'heart' of the Airport) - is to have 2 new hotels - 'Aloft & Element' by Westin, and Innside hotel.
- YotelAir hotel opened Nov. 8, 2016 at Terminal 2E - post-security - becoming part of the new transit lounge area 'Instant Paris'. Amenities incude a working area , bathroom with with showers, a vending wall for travel essentions and snacks and drink, and HD TVs. Bookable by the hour, or longer.Passengers with more time available may visit the HOTELAIR Club lounge with free hot drinks, comfortable sofas, workspaceswith USB charging point and free WiFi connection.
De Gaulle Airport passenger terminals include T1, T2's Satellites T2A through T2G, and T3 (there is no actual Terminal 2).
- The new 4,500 sq.meter lounge area, reserved for long-haul transit passengers - is located in de Gaulle's center - offering quality airside hotel service with 80 fully-equipped rooms, restaurants, entertainment and leisure activities.
For connecting flights take the following shuttles:
(a) during your international connection use:
- The Green Shuttle between T1 & T2 (AC connection) - 5am to midnight;
- The Blue Shuttle serves all areas of T2 (AC connecting to 2D, 2F/2E (gate L), 2E (gate K) - 5am-11:45pm
- The Yellow Shuttle from T2 (T2F, gate L to T2E, gate K, to T2G, - to T2F, gate L) - 5:30am-9:45pm.
- The Red Shuttle from T2 (2G to 2E (gate M) - 5:30am-2pm
(b) during your Schengen connecton use:
- The Orange Shuttle from Terminal 2F to Terminal 2G - 7am-10pm.
De Gaulle Shuttle & CDGVAL Night Services:
-The free N1 shuttle stops at terminals: 2A, exit 5; 2C, exit 12; 2E, exit 16; and at PW carpark 2F,exit 2; NCF railway station (North); & the Sheraton Hotel, Left Luggage 2D, exit 6. It runs every 7 min, 4am-7:30am; every 8 min, 7:30am-1:30am; every 15 min, 1:30am-4am.
- The free N2 shuttle stops at terminals 2F, exit 2; 2E (between 2F & 2E it stops only 9:30pm to 11:00pm, taking 5 mins.); at 2G in front of the terminal. It runs at 2F & 2G 5:30am-11pm and takes 15 minutes.
- The CDGVAL automated Metro stops at all of the terminals. Night stop 1:00am to 4.00am, with shuttle service stations outside of each terminal.
Current and future Airport developments: 'Airports de Paris' announced an ambitious project to replace the current European Number 1 status held by London Heathrow Airport by year 2020 - by means of a EUR 3.1B investment - with the following projects:
- Upgrading facilities (renovation of T2B & T2D; track rehabilitation & aeronautical.
- Creating a connecting building between T2B & T2D; merging international satellite T1 in Roissy.
- Improving transport to/from Paris via rapid rail link 'CDG-Expess' by 2023 (a few months prior to the official opening of the Paris 2023 Olympic games). The CDG Express rail project is currently approaching bidding process. Once the bidder had been chosen, preparatory work can begin. Upon official opening, it will run daily every 15 minutes, 5am-midnight - to/from the Gare de l'Est railway station at Paris city center.