Sacramento International Airport SMF
serves California's capital city of Sacramento and its Central Valley and is situated directly between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe (90 miles each), and 50 miles from Napa. Airport Revenue News recently awarded SMF the 'Best Customer Service Award'. ACI ranked Sacramento Airport as number 4 for customer service (among North American airports of its size).
SMF Airport is located right off Interstate Hwy I-5 and close to I-80 - 12 miles northwest of downtown Sacramento.
With 10.1M passengers in 2016 and two runways, Sacramento Airport is served by major airlines offering non-stop flights in the U.S. and overseas, with worldwide connections
SMF Airport has two passenger terminals - TA & TB. NOTE: Passengers of Seaport Airlines headed to Visalia should check in on level 2 of TB, ticket island 3 (between Hawaiian & Aeromexico airlines).
- Southwest Airlines starts service to Salt Lake City in March 2017.
- Alaska Airlines at Terminal B starts seasonal service to San Jose Del Cabo (SJD), on the Baja peninsula, Mexico, on June 10, 2017.
- Global Entry:
CBP opened a new automated Global Entry kiosks in TB's Arrivals area - expediting Global Entry members' international arrivals procedure. Members scan their e-passport or green card prior to placing their fingertips on scanner; and thereafter make their customs declaraton before receiving a transaction receipt. (Global Entry application costs $100, and involves rigorous background check & interview.
- The TSA Pre-Enrollment Center
is now open at Terminal B.
- Download a Mobil Passport:
learn more at Mobil Passport.us or download the app. Since Dec. 2016 SIA has mobile passport control. Android & iPhone users may download the Mobile passport app for free fromt he Google Play Store andApple App Store.
: get through parking toll plaza and on the road fast: take your parking ticket with you and pay at one of the prepay kiosks.
Transportation Pickup Area locations:
- in the ground transportation area adjacent to baggage claim in Terminal A; and
- in Terminal B at :
- to Hotel shuttles, limos, off-airport shuttes & taxis, airport shuttle, special events transport, airport taxis SITOA.
- to rental car terminal, daily parking, economy parking, public transport, inter-terminal shuttles, & special events transport.
West Commerical Curb
- to Southwest arrivals; pre-arranged transport & paraTransit; taxis, door-to-door shuttles; limos, placard.
East Commercial Curb
- to future daily parking; economy & daily parking, inter-terminal shuttles, rental car terminal, public transport.
Present and future Airport developments
: Construction started on the new 5-level 'Hyatt Place' hotel
with 135 rooms, spa, fitness room, dining area and huge meeting space. The hotel site is next to the parking garage, with easy access to both terminals; the ground level of the current garage is to be used for hotel guests. Completion is tentatively scheduled for 2017.