OverviewPublic Transportation from Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport to your destination, and bus transfer from/to Congonhas Airport : (Note that most taxi drivers do not speak English.)
By Subway/ Commuter Train via Bus: ( For subway map open www.metro.sp.gov.br/pdf/mapa-da-rede-metro.pdf ) The EMTU bus will take you to the following subway stations - the closest of which is Tiete for blue line 1; or to three other stations (all with red line 3) of Barrra Funda, Republica & Tatuape.
Jade Line 13 of the CPTM Guarulhos commuter train extends to neighboring city of Guarulhos.
EMTU buses serve Sao Paulo's Itaai Bibi, Metro Tatuape, Paulista Augusta, Republica (Republic Square), Barra Funda & Terminal Rodoviario Tiete. EMTU buses also serve as connector to Congonhas Airport.
Transurbano Guarulhos (Antigo Guarupas):
- Bus 331 to Terminal Cecap
- Bus 332 to Rodoviaria
- Bus 436 to Jardim Santa Mena
- Bus 488 serves the Airport Circle
- Bus 723 to Terminal Pimentas via Monteiro Lobato
- Bus S132 - Airport /center - via Circuito Gastronomico
- Bus 172 for international shopping
Capioli bus takes you to Campinas
Pasaro Marrom buses take you to: Aparecide, Cachoeira Paulista Cruzeiro; Campos do Jordao, Guarantingueta, Sao Jose dos Campo & Taubate.
Litoranea Buses take you to Barra do Una, Bertioga, Boicucanga, Caraguatatuba, Maresisas, Sao Sebastiao, & Ubatuba.
Viacao Cometa buses take you to: Santos, Saso Vicente, & Sorocaba.
Shuttle Bus Service from/to Congonhas CGH to/from Guarulhos GRU Airports runs every 30 minutes, costing about R$40. For more information open http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas .
By Train - Transportation improvements:
- A new bus terminal - may have already been completed.
- Ongoing work on the new Onyx train line 14 - the 'Airport Express' (a high-speed train connecting Guarulhos Airport with both Rio de Janeiro and Campinas airports) is intended to to reduce travel time to the City by 20 mins . No completion date is yet available.