OverviewPublic Transportation from Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport to your destination: (Note that most taxi drivers do not speak English.)
NOTE: Until 2015, there is no direct train service into Sao Paulo.
Jade line 13 of the CPTM commuter train network, is to extend Sao Paulo's public transport network to neighboring city of Guarulhos - but won't be ready until 2015 - meanwhile, a minimum of 2, and most likely 3, transfers on already overcrowded subway trains are needed to get to any of Sao Paulo sites.
Passing on information published in January 2014:
'"Current transport options to/fr. Airport range from R$7.45 (local EMTU 'Airport Service' bus, plus Metro) to R$36.50 (Airport Bus Service - executive bus) to R$125+ for a taxi. While the fare (for one ride on either bus, train or Metro) is expected to remain at R$3, passengers could encounter significant problems in getting to their final destination - even upon completion of the new Jade line. Despite having only one stop between the airport and terminal station, the trip could still take longer than some existing options." (Due to already overcrowded subways, where waiting for the next available train adds to commuting time.)
1. By Subway via Bus- The EMTU bus will take you to the following subway stations - the closest of which is Tiete for blue line 1; or to three other stations (all with red line 3) - Barrra Funda, Republica & Tatuape.
2. By Bus:
1. (a) EMTU buses also serve as connector to Congonhas Airport.
1. (b) EMTU buses also serve Sao Paulo's Itaai Bibi, Metro Tatuape, Paulista Augusta, Republica (Republic Square), Barra Funda & Terminal Rodoviario Tiete.
2. Transurbano Guarulhos (Antigo Guarupas):
Bus 331 to Terminal Cecap
Bus 332 to Rodoviaria
Bus 436 to Jardim Santa Mena
Bus 488 serves the Airport Circle
Bus 723 to Terminal Pimentas via Monteiro Lobato
Bus S132 - Airport /center - via Circuito Gastronomico
Bus 172 for international shopping
3. Capioli bus takes you to Campinas
4. Pasaro Marrom buses take you to: Aparecide, Cachoeira Paulista Cruzeiro; Campos do Jordao, Guarantingueta, Sao Jose dos Campo & Taubate.
5. Litoranea Buses take you to Barra do Una, Bertioga, Boicucanga, Caraguatatuba, Maresisas, Sao Sebastiao, & Ubatuba.
6. Viacao Cometa buses take you to: Santos, Saso Vicente, & Sorocaba.
|Description:||You can take the bus from Guarulhos International to Congonhas Domestic Airport, and to the Sao Paulo's city center as well. Tickets must be purchased in advance on the Arrivals floor.|
Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport Public Transportation