Sheremetyevo International Airport SVO is one of three major airports in the Moscow area (the other two are Domodedovo and Vnukovo), serving the Russian Federation and beyond. For the fourth time, ACI has voted Sheremetyevo Airport 'Best Airport in Europe' within the passenger count & service quality categories.
SVO Airport is located 29 km northwest of Moscow, accessible by Leningradskoe motorway, which merges into motorway M10, and by the AeroExpress train (between Belorusky Train Station in Moskow and the Airport’s Terminal E), a 35-minute trip, running every 30 minutes during peak hours. Also, a toll-expressway will connect to St. Petersburg, and have a Sheremetyevo Airport exit.
With three runways and an estimated 30M passengers per year, Sheremetyevo International is hub to Aeroflot and is served by a host of domestic and international airlines belonging to one of the three major global alliances - Star Alliance, Sky Team & OneWorld - offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
SVO has been voted 'Best Airport worldwide for ontime flights' by OAG.
- The call center has been modernized - use +7 (495) 578-65-65; or inside Russia 8-800-100-6565 (free).
- You can now check in with Skype (login svo_checkin): have passport & flight number ready - dispatcher will send your boarding card via Skype; print it out and take it with you to the airport, whereupon you only will need to check in your bags at dedicated dropoff stands.
- Passengers with reduced mobility should open: www.svo.aero/video for Airport services aviailable to them.
- A shuttle bus runs between the southern & northern sectors of the airport, getting passengers from Aeroexpress railway station to Terminal B, via the Airport's on-site road.
- Night Bus H1 to the Airport from City Center runs every 20 minutes - starting at Metro station Yugo-Zapadnaya and ending at terminals F & C at the Airport .
- High-speed Wi-Fi infrastructure now provides free wireless Internet access without restrictions.
On-Airport Hotels at Sheremetyevo Airport: The South Complex includes a transfer hotel inside Terminal E, as well as 5 hotels within Airport property:
- Air Express (a transfer hotel inside Terminal E (tel. +7 (926) 539-78-34) offers hourly service (up to 24-hours). Its 46 rooms have economy to business class choices.
- 4-star 'Novotel' (tel. +7 495 232-2220 /fax 739-4460);
- Radissson Blu Hotel with 391 rooms, fitness center & sauna, & conference center & 47 business meeting rooms.
- 5-starPark Inn (tel.+7 495 232 2220 /fax 739-4460);
- 4-star 'V Express' (tel. +7 495 777-0242) located inside the Aeroexpress Train building, level 5, across from Terminal F, offers a 3-tier class;
- 3-star 'Kora-VIP' (tel. +7 495 578-696) is between Terminals B & F.
Sheremetyevo Airport' has currently four passenger terminals - TC at north side and connected teminals TD, TE & TF at south side - divided by runways and served by shuttle bus.
Current and future Airport developments: The 'Northern Terminal Complex' (NTC) development plan encompasses a new Terminal B (TB) with 2 inter-terminal tunnels, railway station, refueling & cargo complexes and a third runway - all constructed simultaneously - scheduled for completion prior to FIFA opening in 2018 - when total airport capacity is to reach 50M passengers annually.
- In June 2016 approval was obtained for the Northern Terminal Complex developmen project, which calls for a new replacement terminal of current Terminal B, and a new railway track with an 'AeroExpress terminal. New infrastructure and the tunnels are to create an integrated technologically-advanced complex with Terminals B, C, D, E &, F under one roof - covering an area of around 500,000 sq.meters with an annual passenger capacity of 58 million.
Currently the Northern Terminal Complex area under development includes Terminal C, and the space created by dismantling old Terminal B, while the New Terminal B covering 114,000 sq.meters is to be constructed at its site. Work also includes creating a high-level transport infrastructure with two highways under reconstruction, a one-way road, and main & secondary traffic.
To connect North & South terminal complexes, an underground transport system with two tunnels (7.28 meters in diameter and 2.1km in length - for passengers & cargo) will be constructed right under the operating runway strips. The tunnel is to redistribute passenger flow between North & South Terminals. Transfer passengers will be able to make connection within 50 minutes.
- Transportation: A double-track railway line, 4.2 km long, is planned for construction - connecting the new Savelovsky line’s Lobnya-Sheremetyevo branch with Shremetyevo’s. It will run through Khimki, Dolgoprudny & Mytishchi. The railway line is to reach the AeroExpress” terminal ( to be constructed on the scaffolding above the Sheremetyevskoye highway and integrated with a Terminal B pedestrian overpass.
Furthermore the long-term development plan up to 2026 aim to reach a capacity of 85M passengers annually.