OverviewTo and from Changi Airport: you can rent a car (Arrivals Halls of T1, T2 & T3 - Avis is in all three terminals, Hertz is only in T2 & T3), or take a taxi (at taxi ranks outside the terminals), or a shuttle bus, bus or a train.
The Ground Transportation Desk (tel. (65) 6241 3818) offers information on transportation for 4-seater Mercedes Limos, 7-seater Mercedes Maxicabs, 9-seater Toyota Coaster or the Airport shuttle bus.
1. Free Shuttle bus on weekends/ holidays runs every 90 minutes to/from Ang Mo Kio, Sengkang, Toa Payoh MRT station & Changi business Park.
2. Shuttle buses serve most of Singapore's hotels. Go to the Ground Transportation Desk at the Arrivals Halls for more information.
3. Buses: Bus 36 to the City runs between 6am-midnight, takes an hour and stops at the basement bus bays of T1, T2 & T3. You need the exact fare.
4. The coach to Johor Bahru in Malaysia is a new hourly Transtar Cross-Border service, starting at bus stops in front of Terminals 1, 2 & 3 and the Budget Terminal and ending at Kotaraya II Terminal. Transtar Travel has a counter in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 2, b you can also inquire at any of the Information counters in all terminals' Arrivals Halls.
4. Trains: The MRT to the city runs 5:30am-11:18pm, and takes 27 mins. Tickets can be bought at the station. The MRTCity Train station is on the basement level of T2 & T3, accessible from Arrival Hall & Departure Check-in Hall by escalators and elevators. (T1 passengers can use the SkyTrain to get to T2 or T3, while Budget Terminal passengers can use the free shuttle bus to T2.)
|Service Name:||SBS TRANSIT|
|Service Name:||SMRT BUSES|
|Service Name:||PUBLIC BUS|
|Description:||Public bus service 36 goes to the city. The first bus arrives at around 06:00 hr and the last leaves at midnight
|Fare Information:||A single fare S$2.00|
|Location:||Bus stops are located under Terminals 1, 2 or 3.|
|Notes:||Please prepare the exact fare as no change will be given
|Service Name:||NORTH EAST LINE|
|Service Name:||SINGAPORE MASS RAPID TRANSIT|
|Service Name:||TRAIN (MRT)|
|Fare Information:||A single fare S$2.70 (inclusive of S$1.00 refundable deposit)|
|Notes:||The first train arrives at around 05:30hr and the last leaves at 23:18hr.