Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport TPE - referred to as TTIA - is Taiwan's busiest airport. In early 2013 Airports Council International (ACI) has voted it as number 10 among world-wide Airports of its size; for both years 2014 & 2015 it received the Airport Service Quality Award; and and 'third-best airport' in the 20M passenger Asia-Pacific category.
The Airport is located in the Dayuan Township, in Taoyuan County, Republic of China, situated on the northern end of the Island of Taiwan, and approximately 40 km or a 50-minute car ride from downtown Taipei, and accessible via National Highway 2, and offers excellent transportation to all parts of the country, including to other airports.
With 2 long runways and serving nearly million passengers per year, Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport is hub to China Airline and EVA Air, and is served by a multitude of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The Noth runway was reopened year-end 2015 - able to accommodate the Airbus A380 and inceasing hourly flights to 50.
United Airlines is offering a Taipei-Sa Francisco (SFO) route.
Reaching Airport facilities by car: All terminals, parking facilities & Hotel are located on the circle road of Hangzhan Road, which you enter at the Airport's southern end, ending at the northern end with a curve leading out of the Airport. From Freeway 1 (Sun Yat Sen Freeway) to Fwy 2 (Dayuan Interchange) - to Hangjan S. Rd. to Airport: - left way to Aviation Museum - pass Terminal 3 construction site - on to parking lot 2, Terminal 2, Parking lot 3, Control tower, Parking lot 2, Terminal 1 and Parking Lot 1 (the curve is leading back out on Hangzhan N. Road).
The on-Airport 'EvergreenTransit Hotel' is located at the Airport entrance.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport has currently two passenger terminal - T1 and T2 - connected by the free SkyTrain. Terminal service counter contacts: T1: +886-3-273-5081 T2: +886-3-273-5086.
Present and futureAirport developments:
- T2 expansion, to be completed 2017;
- Construction on new Terminal 3 - to be completed by 2020 - which is to cover 640,000 sq.meters - with a main terminal, two concourses and 26 boarding gates and a multi-functioning connector building linking T2. T3 and is to open 2020 with a capacity of 45M passengers annually - bringing up total airport capacity to 86M passengers.
NOTE: As a consequence of the T3 construction the following traffic restrictions are in place: First term until May 2017; second term July 2017 - May 2018. During this time, add an extra half hour to your arrival at the Airport.
- Work on a third runway and the expansion of the free trade zone at the Airport are to start in 2020.
- For terminal service counters: for T1 tel. +886-3-273-5081; for T2 tel. +886-3-273-5086
- for Emergency Response Support: +886-3-273-3550
- Company tel. 4498666