Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Taiwan Taoyuan Airport ( TPE ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
Taiwan Taoyuan International has presently two multi-level passenger terminals - T1 & T2. Both terminals have parking on their north & south side, with the Control Tower in the center. Also, both Terminals are connected by a shuttle bus outside -close to Hangzhan S. Rd., and by the Skytrain inside, running between Terminal 1’s Departure & Arrival Hall at Level 1,and its concourses; and between Terminal 2’s Departure Hall and its concourses. The Skytrain runs at peak hours every 2 to 4 mins, off peak hours every 6 to 8 mins.
At the South end of the Airport is the Aviation Museum and the CAL Park and Evergeen Transit Hotel.
Terminal Service Counters contacts: at T1 - tel. +886-3-273 5081; at T2 - tel. +886-3-73 5086.
Self-check-in kiosks are available for the following airlines: China, EVA, Cathay, TransAsia, Delta, United, KLM, Dragonair, All Nippon.
Arriving & Departing passengers with infirmities may use the free automated buggies in concourses & arrival areas.
Immigration procedures: Speedy immigration service is now available for foreign business travelers visting Taiwan at least three times a year. Eligible foreign passengers may now apply online for an Arrivals Card, making the immigration process for foreign passengers quicker:
- foreigners without a Taiwan (ROC) resident certificate, diplomatic ID card or resident visa;
- Mainland Chinese with multiple entry & exit permit for sighseeing;
- residents of Hong Kong & Macau with single/multiple entry & exit permit (excluding those entering Taiwan with an online entry permit, landing entry permit or Taiwan resident certificate (ROC); and
- Nationals without household registraton or ROC resident certificate.
For application open: https://oa1.immigration.gov.tw/nia_acard/acardAddAction.action
TERMINAL DETAILS: (Terminal service counter contacts: T1: +886-3-273-5081 T2: +886-3-273-5086.)
Terminal 1 (north) is a small terminal with check-in counters 1-12, and an escalator to departures. It also houses the baggage processing center and the arrivals hall. Its basement houses a food court, ATMs & other sevices.
- Terminals 1 & 2 are connected by two short people movers located at their concourses (at post-security).
- The new Plaza Premium Lounges at both T1 & T2 are luxury pay-in lounges, starting with NT$1,300 for two hours, and include two 'Travellers Experience Zones'.
Terminal 2 (south) was undergoing renovation/ expansion work (increasing yearly passenger capacity by 5M annually, for a total of 17M - including ceiling & floor reconstruction, which may still be ongoing, and part of the security check area may still be closed). T2 is served by airlines with the following codes: SC, ZH, TK, SQ, B7, UA, MF, BR, HU, HX, JL, KL, AE, OZ, MU, CZ, DL, CI, BX, CA, NH.
Level 2 houses the Administrative Area in the center, amenities and services at east & west sides - with separate Skytrain station to T2 - and the Arrivals gates: east arrivals gates B1-B9; west arivals gates A1-A9.
Level 1 houses airline counters 1-12, and self-checkin kiosks, and the Arrivals Hall with baggage claim carousels 1- 6 & airline service centers.
Level 3 houses both the Arrival & Departure facilities: the Arrival Passport Check Hall, followed by the Baggage Process Center, with escalaors leading to the separate Departure Immigration Hall and to the Departure Passport Check Hall. On either side of the Departure Immigration Hall is access to:
Concourse A at east with gates A1-A9, with mainly Air China flights
Concourse B at west with gates B1-B9, with mainly Cathay flights (both concourses with transfer to T2).
Level 4 houses VIP lounges CX, GE & TG, CI, and the MORE Business Center, & shower facilities.
[Future Terminal 3: Ongoing onstruction on the new 'smart, green & cultural' mega-terminal - intended to combine T1 & T2 - to transform into a sustainable airport and create a new travel experience for passengers. Tentative completion: 2020.]
Services and amenities in T1 & T2:
Both terminals offer an abundance of amenities and services. An Information Center is in T1’s central area, level 1F, and in T2 on level 3F. A Tourist Service Center is in T1 on the north side of level 1F and in T2 in the center of the Arrival Passenger Reception Area. Other amenities & services include: Food & drink establishments, shops & duty-free shops, Airline lounges, Banking facilities, Beauty Salon, Massage Center, Business Center, Children's Playroom, Departure/ Arrivals services, Forwarding Counter, Hotel reservation desk, Insurance, Internet & Mobile Phone services, as well as Lost & Found, a museum, nurseries, a post office, prayer rooms, restaurants, shops, service counters, shower rooms, smoking rooms, and a Tourist Center.
Lounges & Business Center at Terminal 1, level 4:
- CX, GE, TG & CI VIP lounges and the MORE Business Center can be reached by stairs or escalator from level 3.
- The new Plaza Premium lounge, a luxury pay-in lounge ($40 for two hours), opened July 2016 in the departure areas of both Terminals 1 & 2.
Airline VIP Lounges at T1& T2:
Cathay Pacific Airways at T1, south side of the Control Area on level 4;
China Airlines at T1, Central Part of the Control Area on level 4;
China Airlines at T2, central part of the control area on level 2;
Eastern Air VIP at T1, Central Part of the Control Area on level 4;
EVA Airlines at T2, east side of Departure Transit Lounge on level 4;
Japan Airlines at T1, central Part of the Control Area on level 4;
Singapore Airlines at T2, west side of Departure Transit Lounge on level 4F;
TransAsia Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Thai Airways - at T1, south side of the Departure Area at level 2, Mezzanine.
Passengers Transferring to Another Flight:
Arriving at Terminal 1:
- Direct Transfer: Go to the Transfer Service Desk for transfer procedures, following signs along Arrival Corridor. Proceed thereafter to the boarding gate on level 3F, go through security checkpoint and then to your gate.
- Passengers disembarking from Terminal 1 and re-boarding at Terminal 2 with one of the following airlines Airlines: AC Air Canada , B7 Uni Airways, BR EVA, EL ? , KA Dragonair, KL KLM Airlines , NZ Air New Zealand, OZ Asiana, QF Qantas, SQ Singapore, UA United: After disembarking at Terminal 1, go to the Transfer Service Desk on level 2F and follow transfer instructions. Thereafter proceed through the Transfer Room and directly to the Departure waiting area on level 3F for boarding - or go first to the transfer lounge on level 3F to rest, and then proceed to the gate of your connecting flight. (Passengers can also reach the transfer service desk at Section C by walking along the Arrivals corridor at Section B.)
Arriving at Terminal 2:
- Direct transfer: Go to Transfer Service Desk at level 2F along the Arrival corridor, follow instruction, go through security checkpoint and go to your connecting flight gate.
- Passengers disembarking at Terminal 2 and transferring within Terminal 2: Head to Level 3F by going through the Transfer Room, following signs towards Transfer Waiting Room at Section B, take the escalator to arrive at C5R at level 1F and take the Airport shuttle bus to Terminal 1. At Terminal 1 go to the Transfer Service Desk along the Arrival corridor on level 2F by following signs. Go through security checkpoint and to your connecting flight gate.