Trenton Mercer TTN Airport Overview
Trenton Mercer Airport TTN is serving New Jersey's Capital City of Trenton and its Mercer County.
The Airport is located north of Trenton and close to Interstate Hwy 95 (Exit 2).
The aviation units of numerous Fortune 500 companies, a corporate terminal and repair base, the U.S. Customs Service, the New Jersey State Police, the New Jersey National Guard, and the U.S. Marines are also located at the airport.
With two runways, Trenton Mercer Airport has in the past frew years been mainly used for general aviation with low-cost Frontier Airlines being the sole commercial airline with limited flights and only 10k passengers yearly. However, Mercer County Airport is making a comeback as a commercial airport:
1. Low-fare Frontier Airlines will make Trenton-Mercer Airport its commercial base on the East Coast, as this densely-populated area accounts for over 21 million people - located closer in drive time to Trenton than to any other commercial airport. In May 2013 Frontier extended its Airport lease to 2018 and will assist in the expansion of terminal and baggage facilities. So far Frontier offers nonstop flights to Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Fort Myers, New Orleans/ Ewing, Atlanta, Chicago Midway, Detroit, Columbus & Raleigh-Durham.
Other airlines have voiced interest in serving some major U.S. hubs from Trenton pending FAA's announcement in late September 2013 whether the control tower will stay open.
2. Construction on a new parking area with 1,225 spaces will include three lots, while a fourth one will be for rental cars, employee parking and a cell phone waiting area (no plans are on the table yet for the remote lot). While parking is free at present, it is anticipated that parking fees thereafter will be levied.
3. Terminal and runway renovations will begin in September, and the Airport is going to be closed until construction is completed in November 2013.
The passenger terminal at Trenton-Mercer Airport offers at present the Runway Restaurant & Bar. Rental car agencies Budget/Avis (tel. 1-800-527-0700) have a counter on the main level. Curbside passenger check-in is available. Note that the post-security areas do not have food, drink, or restrooms. After reopening in November, the terminal will have have been extended and have a new baggage facility. Other improvements will follow in due course.
To get from Trenton Mercer Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus or a train: Taxi cabs are usually outside the passenger terminal, if not, call one of the taxi number listed near the puubic phones inside the terminal.
To get to New York's Penn Station, use the Jersey Transit (tel. 973-275-5555 or visit njtransit.com).
The SEPTA connects Philadelphia with Trenton (tel. 215-580-7800 or visit septa.org/welcome).
For directions go get to the Airport from parts of New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia or Valley Forge /King of Prussia /Norristown areas - open: .nj.gov/counties/mercer/departments/airport/directions.html
1100 Terminal Circle Drive
West Trenton, NJ 08628
- Website for Trenton Mercer: http://www.state.nj.us/counties/mercer/departments/airport/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Phone: (609) 882 1601
Trenton Mercer TTN Airport Update History
- TTN Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- TTN Airport Intro - Oct 18, 2013
- TTN Parking On site - Aug 13, 2013