Washington Dulles IAD Airport Overview
IAD Airport is located within both communities of Chantilly and Dulles, Virginia, but is 26 miles west of the central business district of Washington, D.C. The Washington Capital Beltway I-495 (north to Baltimore, south to Richmond) has two new ramps leading directly into the Airport: the Dulles Access Highway is intended for Aiport connection only, while the Dulles Toll Road is intended for other commuter traffic.
Current airlines serving Dulles Airport and their ticket counters:
Aeroflot 1, AeroMexico 1, Aer Lingus 1, Air Canada 3, Air China 1, Air France 2, Alaska 3, ANA All Nippon 3, Austrian 3, Avianca 3, British Airways 1, Brussels 2, Copa 2, Delta 1, Emirates 2, Ethiopian 1, Etihad 1, Frontier 3, Icelandair 3, JetBlue 3, KLM 2, Korean 2, LATAM 1, Lufthansa 3, Porter 3, Qatar 2, Royal Air Maroc 2, Saudi 2, SAS 3, Silver 1, South African 3, Southwest 1, Southern 3, Turkish 3, United & United Express 4, Virgin America 1 & Virgin Atlantantic 2.
With four long runways, and an estimated yearly passenger count of 23 million, Washington Dulles Airport serves as East Coast hub for United Airlines, which accounts for over half of the total air traffic, and is served by a multitude of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Royal Air Maroc offers nonstop flights to Casablanca, Marocco, using the 786 Dreamliner.
Washington Dulles International Airport has a large Main Passenger Terminal and Midfield Concourses A/B and C/D.
NOTE: The AP now accepts the free Mobile Passport App in all of its Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities - allowing U.S. & Canadian passport holders (with B1 or B2 visa status) to save their profiles securely on the smartphone, submit them electronically, and upon Terminal arrival, proceed directly to dedicated lanes for expedited CBP processing.
Present and Future Airport Developments:
- In June 2016 the Metrorail started a one-year maintenance program of the rail system - for possible delays and interruptions to service open: www.wmata.com/safetrack.
- Ongoing conversion/ reconstruction of concessions continued during 2016.
- Presently, the AeroTrain System operates underground on dual track and runs between Main Terminal and Concourses A, B, & C only - while Concourse D is still served by shuttle buses. Its temporary C-Gate station is beneath the site for a future Concourse, ultimately replacing the present C/D Concourse. No completion date is yet available.
- Concourse Z is to be expanded.
- By 2018/19 the Silver line of the Dulles Metro Rail is to reach Dulles Airport . In July 2014 the first phase was completed activating partial service of Silver Line. Phase 2, after more modifications & construction delays, started May 2016 - no completion date is yet available.
- A fifth runway, the east-west runway with 10,500 feet in length, parallel to runway 12-30 is in the planning stages.
45020 Aviation Drive
Chantilly, VA 20166
- Website for Washington Dulles: http://flydulles.com/iad/dulles-international-airport
- Contact: http://www.metwashairports.com/net/customerfeedback.aspx?location=IAD
- Phone: (703) 572 2700