Washington Dulles IAD Airport Overview
IAD Airport is located within both communities of Chantilly and Dulles, Virginia, but is 26 miles west of the central business district of Washington, D.C. The Washington Capital Beltway I-495 (north to Baltimore, south to Richmond) has two new ramps leading directly into the Airport: the Dulles Access Highway is intended for Aiport connection only, while the Dulles Toll Road is intended for other commuter traffic.
NOTE: Late 2015, The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (operating both Dulles and Reagan airports) has expressed its commitment to serve its passengers by launching a new branding 'Your Journey Begins With Us'.
With four long runways, and an estimated yearly passenger count of 23 million, Washington Dulles Airport serves as East Coast hub for United Airlines, which accounts for over half of the total air traffic, and is served by a multitude of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Washington Dulles International Airport has a large Main PassengerTerminal with Z Gates, and Midfield Concourses A/B and C/D.
Present and Future Airport Developments:
- Ongoing conversion/ reconstruction of concessions continue in 2016.
- Presently, the AeroTrain System operates underground on dual track and runs between Main Terminal and Concourses A, B, & C only - while Concourse D is still served by shuttle buses. Its temporary C-Gate station is beneath the site for a future Concourse, ultimately replacing the present C/D Concourse. No completion date is yet available.
- Concourse Z is to be expanded.
- By 2018/19the Silver line of the Dulles Metro Rail is to reach Dulles Airport . In July 2014 the first phase was completed activating partial service of Silver Line. Phase 2, after more modifications & construction delays, should start by May 2016.
- A fifth runway, the east-west runway with 10,500 feet in length, parallel to runway 12-30 is in the planning stages.
45020 Aviation Drive
Chantilly, VA 20166
- Website for Washington Dulles: http://flydulles.com/iad/dulles-international-airport
- Contact: http://www.metwashairports.com/net/customerfeedback.aspx?location=IAD
- Phone: (703) 572 2700