Wichita Mid-Continent (ICT) Airport
Wichita Mid-Continent ICT Airport Overview
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport ICT is serving south-central Kansas and the City of Wichita.
The Airport It is located on the west side of the City, and is close to Interstate Hwy I-35 and US Hwy 54/400.
With an estimated 1.5 million flyers annually , Wichita Mid-Continent Airport is served by major airlines and their affiliated regional jet services, offering nonstop flights to many U.S. destinations (with the most daily flights departing for Dallas/Ft. Worth and Minneapolis), with connections around the globe.
NOTE - Early morning passengers: With up to 1,100 passengers departing between the hours of 6 & 7am, the average waiting time between 5:30 & 6am is about 21 minutes. The TSA checkpoint opens at 4am.
It is highly recommended that you arrive at the Aiport two hours, and at the checkpoint at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure (ticket counters close 30 minutes before); and arrive at your gate at least 30 minutes before departure. Checking in online & printing out your boarding pass will enable you to proceed directly to the TSA checkpoint (if you only have a carry-on bag).
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport has one passenger terminal with two Concourses.
Future Airport Developments: 1. A new parking garage with rental car ready/return area on level 1 and public parking on levels 2, 3 & 4 is scheduled for completion in Fall 2014.
2. In June 2013 construction began on a new two-level, 273,000 square foot passenger terminal with 12 gates - able to handle 2.4 million passengers annually, with plenty of space for expansion. The new terminal is scheduled to open in Spring 2015, and will eventually replace the current one.
3. Completion of surface parking lots (Economy, Close-in/Automated, Lot C & Federal Lot) are schedule for completion April 2015.
Wichita Mid-Continent ICT Airport Update History
- ICT Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- ICT Airport Intro - Oct 14, 2013
- ICT Main Terminals - Oct 14, 2013
- ICT Buses & Trains - Oct 7, 2013
- ICT Rental Cars - Oct 6, 2013
- ICT Timezone - Oct 6, 2013
- ICT GMT Offset - Oct 6, 2013
- ICT Email - Oct 6, 2013
- ICT Carts Skycap - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Security - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Baggage Claim - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Pets - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Persons With Disabilities - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Internet - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Official Website Links - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Banking ATM - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Lost Found - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Business Services - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Guest Services - Sep 11, 2013
- ICT Parking On site - Jul 27, 2013