ICT AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
ICT Delays: 15 mins or less.
Wichita Mid-Continent ICT Airport Overview
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport ICT is serving south-central Kansas and the City of Wichita.
The Airport It is located on the west side of the City, and is close to Interstate Hwy I-35 and US Hwy 54/400.
With an estimated 1.5 million passengers in 2012 , Wichita Mid-Continent Airport is served by major airlines and their affiliated regional jet services, offering nonstop flights to many U.S. destinations (with the most daily flights departing for Dallas/Ft. Worth and Minneapolis), with connections around the globe.
As of May 2, 2013, United Airlines offers flights to LAX ; and as of June 2, 2013, Southwest will serve the Airport again.
NOTE - Early morning passengers: With up to 1,100 passengers departing between the hours of 6 & 7am, the average waiting time between 5:30 & 6am is about 21 minutes. The TSA checkpoint opens at 4am. It is highly recommended that you arrive at the Aiport two hours, and at the checkpoint at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure (ticket counters close 30 minutes before); and arrive at your gate at least 30 minutes before departure. Checking in online & printing out your boarding pass will enable you to proceed directly to the TSA checkpoint (if you only have a carry-on bag).
The two-level passenger terminal at Wichita Mid-Continent Airport has a West and an East Concourse: (For detailed terminal information, click on 'Terminal Map'.)
To pick up a passenger at the Airport, use the free Cell Phone Lot on Air Cargo Road. Wait in your car until your party has collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the curb. Alternatively, use either the short-term lot offering the first 30 mins free.
Other parking options at Wichita Airport include short-term, long-term and park & ride lots. The Short-term lot is right across from the terminal, with the long-term lot right behind it. The Park & Ride lot is off Air Cargo Road. Handicap spaces are in the short-term and park & ride lots.
For more parking information call 316-946-4772.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located next to the baggage clai area.
To get from Wichita Mid-Continent Airport to your destination, you have the option of taking public transportation via
1. 'The Westside Connector' - its route connects with the West Maple Route each hour at 2nd Street and Tyler Road.
2. The West Maple Route - it connects with all other Wichita Transit routes at the downtown Transit Center.
3. Shuttle vans (EMU Express (316-734-0100, taxis or limos (S&S Limo - 316-641-5670) are also available.
Future Airport Developments: Construction began with groundbreaking on a new two-level, 273,000 square foot passenger terminal with 12 gates - able to handle 2.4 million passengers annually, with plenty of space for expansion. The new terminal is scheduled to open in 2015, and will eventually replace the current one.
Furthermore, a new parking garage & Rental Car facility should be completed prior to the opening of the new terminal.
Wichita Mid-Continent ICT Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- ICT Baggage Carts / Skycap
- ICT Baggage Claim
- ICT Banking / ATM Services
- ICT Business Services
- ICT Guest Services
- ICT Internet Access
- ICT Lost & Found
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Wichita Mid-Continent ICT Airport Update History
- Updated ICT Airports page - May 8, 2013
- Updated ICT Food & Stores page - May 8, 2013
- Updated ICT Airport Intro page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated ICT Main Terminals page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated ICT Official Website Links page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated ICT Parking On site page - Mar 7, 2013
- Updated ICT Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013