Zurich Airport ZRH serves the Swiss Kanton and City of Zurich - gateway to beautiful Switzerland, to Europe and the World. In 2015 it received the 'The World Travel Award for Europe's Leading Airport' for twelfth consecutive year for its customer service and consistent high quality.
ZRH Airport is located 13 km north of the City of Zurich, Switzerland and situated partially within the towns of Kloben, Rumlang & Oberglatt, in the Zurich Kanton. The Airport is accessible via motorways A20 & A51 connecting Zurich, Bern, Basel & St. Gallen. The main train station in central Zurich can be reached within 12 minutes via six hourly trains.
With three long runways and 27.7M passengers in 2016, Zurich Airport is a hub for Swiss International and Edelweiss Air, and is served by numerous domestic, international and low-fare airlines, as well as by seasonal charters, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Checking in - While Airport check-in at either check-in areas 1, 2 or 3 is available for all airlines, and evening check-in at the airport for a limited number air airlines - for web-based check-in service, go to your airline website to see if internet check-in is available (if so, also print your boarding card, while at the Airport you simply hand over your baggage at the 'Baggage Drop' desk of the corresponding check-in area.
Passenger pickup / dropoff: Passenger pickup /dropoff: The Departures area has now a barrier system on the outer curbside lane for private cars with specially designated drop-off zones for dropping off passengers (free for only the first 5 minutes). For longer stays, use carparks P1-3.
On-Airport Hotels, Conference Centers, Day Rooms & Rest Areas:
- The Radisson Blu Hotel (tel. 41 (0)44 800 4040; fax 4050) is next to parking garage of T1.
- The Prime Center 3 is an integral part of the Radisson SAS Airport Hotel & Conference Center.
- Dayrooms are located in the transfer zone D of Zurich Airport. Single, double or family rooms have single beds with wash basins and close-by showers & toilets.
- 12 rest areas with reclining chairs, wool blankets and lockers, are available for a short nap or an overnight stay.
Zurich Airport has two connected terminals with The Airport Center right in front of them.
Present and future Airport developments:
- Terminal 2 is undergoing major upgrades, done in phases and expected to be completed between by late 2017.
- 'The Circle' project -started early 2015, -will include Hyatt Regency & Hyatt Place hotels, a Congress Center, the Airport operator's offices, a health center, and a few commercial enterprises. The first phase is expected to be completed by 2018.